News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

An Update Is Required To Continue Using Google Voice

Started by Steve56, May 18, 2016, 05:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve56

Firstly, I'm going to apologize if this post is similar in nature to others which have previously been solved. I've spent the last hour and a half searching for a solution, and while I was under the impression I was getting close, alas, I was not.

This morning I went to pick up the phone and place a call, only to be greeted by a Google Voice connection error message. Logging into the ObiTalk portal reveals a message stating that the device's support entitlement has ended and an update necessary to maintain connectivity to Google Voice is required. From the past forum postings I've read, it seems as though the $10 for support is only if you'd like to continue having the firmware updated automatically by Obi without intervention. Mentions were made that updating the firmware to the latest version was all that was necessary to continue using an Obi with Google Voice through the ObiTalk web portal.

Unfortunately, either I'm doing something wrong or those several months old forum posts are out of date.

I followed instructions to download the latest Obi firmware and install it manually via the local administration page (192.168.1.XXX). That's where I hit a brick wall. The update page claims that my Obi100 is already running the latest firmware version, and thus, can't be upgraded. The version is 1.3.0 Build: 2872.

Is there a newer firmware which is no longer available for free? I've removed the Obi100 from the portal, reset the device, and added it again to the portal, but I'm still prompted to upgrade to connect to Google Voice.

Any and all assistance or suggestions would be most appreciated.