News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't Re-Configure My Obihai 110

Started by ml4401, May 18, 2016, 04:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ml4401

Hi   -

After encountering out the blue today (first problem in almost a year and a half of glitch free nice service--really happy with the Obihai to yesterday's date!) when attempting to make call with the device, I received a recording: "Google Voice Connection Service Error"  "If you recently changed you're Google account password, please change it on Obiahi too"  I NEVER changed anything prior!

Checking the Obihai dashboard I was greeted with this notice: 

Please Note:
This OBi device's annual support entitlement has expired. An important software update with enhanced security and ease of use features is required to maintain Google Voice service on this OBi device. To automatically upgrade this device using the OBiTALK portal as well as get access to Obihai's Premium Support help desk, a paid support plan is required. To purchase 1-year of Obihai Premium Support, use the button found in the Support and Warranty tab. When device's support status is Active, the software update can continue by selecting the update triangle adjacent to the device, in the OBiTALK dashboard."

Also, I noticed there is no longer a link listed enabling the user to manually download firmware updates!

I did a factory reset, (and unplugging all my connected equipment, letting it sit for about a minute--at least) and powering each piece of equipment (i.e., cable modem, router, then the Obihia) giving ample time for the respective lights of the devices to reflect booted and ready) I deleted service provider (Google Voice) figuring maybe there was a glitch with the device, NOW I can't re-configure the Obihai to Google Voice--clicking on the Google Voice choice of providers, I get sent in loop taking me right back to where I was to begin with!!

SteveInWA

Looking at your posting history, it's unclear if you ever had your OBi fully/correctly working with Google Voice?

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=17190;sa=showPosts

rickame

Same problem. Tried to call out on my google voice number configured with an Obi 100. Message says 'google voice service connection error' and notes to check/enter password if changed. I've changed nothing. I deleted and tried to reconfigure my google voice with obitalk, but it doesn't seem to let me in at the dashboard...yellow note says:
-This OBi device's annual support entitlement has expired. An important software update with enhanced security and ease of use features is required to maintain Google Voice service on this OBi device. To automatically upgrade this device using the OBiTALK portal as well as get access to Obihai's Premium Support help desk, a paid support plan is required. To purchase 1-year of Obihai Premium Support, use the button found in the Support and Warranty tab. When device's support status is Active, the software update can continue by selecting the update triangle adjacent to the device, in the OBiTALK dashboard. I thought that you only needed to pay if you wanted to auto upload new firmware. I tried manually and it says I have the latest. I am using a voip.ms number too so I don't have to use google voice as well but would like to. I switched to using my voip number for outgoing calls  instead of google voice where I got the error message. So is it necessary to purchase the service, upgrade, etc. to use google voice now or can something be done manually. And am quite curious what happened today or yesterday that made this happen. I see some others here having same experience at same time...I may consider buying the plan but not clear that is even the problem. Help appreciated.

rickame

Guess not much action in forum...two posts mine and another with same experience regarding not being able to get google voice working again (and me not sure if one has to pay, Obi posting is not clear). I hate to post my note elsewhere but am going to as I'd like to get this working.

SteveInWA

Quote from: rickame on May 19, 2016, 07:13:26 PM
Same problem. Tried to call out on my google voice number configured with an Obi 100. Message says 'google voice service connection error' and notes to check/enter password if changed. I've changed nothing. I deleted and tried to reconfigure my google voice with obitalk, but it doesn't seem to let me in at the dashboard...yellow note says:
-This OBi device's annual support entitlement has expired. An important software update with enhanced security and ease of use features is required to maintain Google Voice service on this OBi device. To automatically upgrade this device using the OBiTALK portal as well as get access to Obihai's Premium Support help desk, a paid support plan is required. To purchase 1-year of Obihai Premium Support, use the button found in the Support and Warranty tab. When device's support status is Active, the software update can continue by selecting the update triangle adjacent to the device, in the OBiTALK dashboard. I thought that you only needed to pay if you wanted to auto upload new firmware. I tried manually and it says I have the latest. I am using a voip.ms number too so I don't have to use google voice as well but would like to. I switched to using my voip number for outgoing calls  instead of google voice where I got the error message. So is it necessary to purchase the service, upgrade, etc. to use google voice now or can something be done manually. And am quite curious what happened today or yesterday that made this happen. I see some others here having same experience at same time...I may consider buying the plan but not clear that is even the problem. Help appreciated.
Quote from: rickame on May 19, 2016, 07:46:34 PM
Guess not much action in forum...two posts mine and another with same experience regarding not being able to get google voice working again (and me not sure if one has to pay, Obi posting is not clear). I hate to post my note elsewhere but am going to as I'd like to get this working.

WTF?!?!  Not much activity?  This was discussed in dozens of posts in the past 24 hours.

The answer is here:  https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11252.msg73904#msg73904