News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Suddenly can't receive calls via Sipgate.

Started by pepsi_max2k, May 19, 2016, 09:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepsi_max2k

Possibly started a couple months ago - yeah I get that few calls :)

Was working fine, now not. Incomming calls just end straight away - no ringing on receiving phone, though status shows registered on obi/sipgate and outgoing is fine.

Nothing's changed settings / hardware wise locally. Anyone aware of any changes with Sipgate that could cause this?

drgeoff

Sipgate UK?

I had an issue a couple of years ago where one of my Sipgate UK lines could not be reached from the PSTN. It could be reached from another Sipgate line. I contacted Sipgate support and was told that because of no incoming calls for a long time the PSTN number had been removed from the account. Claimed this was due to 'regulations' and they were unable to restore the original PSTN number. They did allocate another number, the nearest they had and advised me to have an incoming call every so often. I don't remember if they mentioned a specific maximum time between incoming calls.

pepsi_max2k

Yeah, UK, and it can be a month or so between calls for me. Not sure if they'd call that a "long time".

For anyone with access to a sipgate line, please try me on ------- (sip ------) and let me know what happens.

pepsi_max2k

nm, sipgate cs sorted it, was a call routing issue with them. all working fine now :)

nsne

Would you mind posting or PM'ing a screenshot of your Sipgate settings for the Obi?

I haven't been able to establish a connection with Sipgate (.de or .co.uk) that allows me to receive incoming calls.