News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to log into local admin page after factory reset the Obi202 - Closed

Started by obspi, February 29, 2016, 08:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obspi

Hello Expert, Enthusiast, Tech Guru,

I am unable to log into Obi202 device local web admin page without any success at all even after factory resetting the device numerous time using both methods recommended per manual and online support system.
Method 1.) Via IVR code:->  000* 82# then confirm 1
Method 2.)  Using pin / paper clip at the bottom of the OBi device, and plug-in the power cord. After 10-15 seconds, release the clip and device go through reboot cycle.
Method 3.) Using obitalk.com portal to reset admin password, while Auto Firmware Update, ITSP Provisioning, and OBiTalk Provisioning are enabled as well

However, Obi202 device all parameters got reset eg. IVR password, AA pin, Static IP address, DNS setting... except local web admin default user id and password.  And of course doesn't accept default admin ID "admin" and password "admin" at all, not even default user login "user" and password "user" either.

In other words, rest of the device parameters / attributes value get reset to default except admin login name and password. Also, I don't use obitalk.com portals for device configuration, always use local device web interface for all configuration and manually update the firmware, and obliviously Auto Firmware Update, ITSP Provisioning, LUA Script Update and OBiTalk Provisioning are disabled as well.  Obi202 is already out of warranty.

I am confused beyond my belief that Obi202 device doesn't reset the password after factory resetting the device? Login screen has been included for reference. Device was working fine before this lock-out situation.

Original owner of the Obi202 device and there is no service provider firmware lock of any kind in the device at all.

Thanks in advance for constructive tech. input as always.  -:)

Edit:-> WAN access is already enabled, oblitalk.com have the default password as admin for admin as well.
Still can't access via WAN or LAN port at all.

Edit:-> Unfortunately local admin password reset via obitalk.com portal is failed as well.

SteveInWA

Access to the OBi 202's local web server via the WAN Ethernet port is blocked by default as a security precaution.

Pick up the phone plugged into the OBi.  Dial ***0, then, at the prompt, 30#, then enter 1, then 1, to enable web access from WAN.

Or, you could plug your Ethernet cable into the LAN port, or you could disable Router mode.

OR, you could have avoided all of this by using the OBiTALK portal.

SteveInWA

Quote from: obspi on March 08, 2016, 05:49:37 PM
Thanks SteveInWA for quick turnaround. Much appreciated!

I am aware about enabling WAN access. Interesting enough though, via obitalk.com portal, I can see admin is the password for admin as well. Unfortunately, I cannot access local web page via, Wan or LAN port either.

I am not sure, what is going on with firmware ver. 5135? It's knda ransomware in some sense?

"ransomware"  Hunh???  What are you talking about?  This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with firmware.  This has always been the way that the 202 has operated.  There are no fees or "ransom" involved; that's preposterous.

This has to be some sort of Homer Simpson user error on your part.  If you delete the OBi device off of your OBiTALK device dashboard, then factory reset the device, then immediately add it back to the dashboard using the **5 procedure, without first dinking around with any settings, it should inherit whatever password you set on the portal.  The only possible issues I can think of would be if you, or some previous owner, still have the device added to some OTHER OBiTALK account.  If that were the case, you wouldn't be able to add it to your own account.  Or, the device was formerly locked to a service provider.

drgeoff

Quote from: obspi on May 19, 2016, 02:28:09 AM
It's been very frustrating experience for past few month not having an access to local admin page.
Any help is greatly appreciated, BTW, any Obi tech support prof. here as well?
I see only two possible causes:

1. PEBKAC
2. Faulty 202 (which is out of warranty)

Both of those can only be rectified by obspi.