News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

firmware update error

Started by nmstough, May 22, 2016, 10:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmstough

I have an Obi200 device. I saw using www.obitalk.com that firmware needed updating.  So I updated through that website.  Now I am getting this error:
Backing Off (0s):
Authentication error
What can I do?  I no longer have Google Voice working.

drgeoff

Reconfigure GV. You must do that using the OBitalk portal. Merely inputting your GV username and password does not work with recent firmwares.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

nmstough

That post seems to say that you have to delete your profiles and reestablish it.  But I have a huge number of customizations to all the entries and its way too difficult and impossible to reestablish them.  Further I have several Google Voice accounts and do not remember the passwords for those anymore. 

Why did this happen?  I always updated the firmware previously with no problems whatsoever. 

SteveInWA

Who's fault is it that you set up multiple Google Voice accounts, and didn't keep track of their corresponding user names and passwords?

If you do know the user ID and password, you don't need to start over; you should just be able to click on the SP on the OBiTALK dashboard, and then click the link "Replace Google Account Credentials", which will take you through the OAUTH 2.0 authentication setup again.  You must be logged into the correct Google account in that same web browser to complete the procedure.

nmstough

That last part was helpful.  I now have to try and recover all my passwords. 

ChipinSffld

SAME PROBLEM today Too with my Obi100!  Made one call okay, then tried 2nd call and received message that my Google password was recently changed. Logged into my Obi account & received message about having to pay $10! Downloaded the firmware mentioned above and back in 100% working order!!!!