News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

new router from comcast. Bye bye OBIHAI

Started by stewed, May 26, 2016, 05:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewed

So, I've had my obi200 for about a year, but recently, comcast swapped out my router and the service stopped working..

Google voice is my voice provider.

Here are the steps I've taken to resolve the issue.
1. Added my device IP address to the DMZ
2. reset, reinstalled the device to the dashboard
3. rebooted everything multiple times.

The first two lights from the left light up green, but the 3rd light, no luck. no service, nothing. I get a dial tone, but, I get an error message when I try to dial out, "there is no service available to complete your call.
I'm stuck at this point. Maybe instead of the DMZ, I could use port forwarding? makes me nervous using the DMZ.

Any help is appreciated

stewed

well, port forwarding was the answer.. I took the obihai device out of the DMZ and added these ports (click on the article link) to my port forwarding widget in my comcast panel

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/ports-to-keep-open-on-my-router

gmx048

Of course definitely it will allow you device to connect to it even that device is behind the router. Alos the guide mentioned is also very useful. Thanks for the info and doc guide. https://10-0-0-0-1.org

drgeoff

Port opening is not the same thing as port forwarding.  While virtually every home router can do the latter none of the tens I have examined have end-user controls for the former.

Also that Obihai FAQ only mentions outgoing ports except 10000.  Port forwarding on a router is for incoming ports.  Port 10000 is only used by Obitalk, not GV nor SIP ITSPs.

matthewwade

If the modem is a modem/router blend and you plug a router University Coursework Help in as above it will work, but for 1 you may probably have to wifi alerts right with the aid of each different conflicting and as a consequence degrading signal great, you may have to gadgets doing the equal function (and odds are the Comcast box is notably slower then the router is at processing), and you'll have  layers if you ever need to port ahead.