News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Allow only calls to Google Voice to be accepted at CallCentric?

Started by Ember1205, May 29, 2016, 11:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember1205

Quote from: Taoman on July 15, 2016, 07:21:59 PM
Quote from: Ember1205 on July 15, 2016, 07:05:19 PM

The TrueCNAM SPAM ratings for all of these numbers is "Low". Is there someplace we can click a link or submit a report to get the probability rating raised? Because all of my issues are with numbers that are being classified as "Low", I hadn't yet put in the SPAM rating based treatment, but I guess I should.  :)

Well that sucks. Really makes me wonder of Nomorobo would have blocked them. You really should try using NMR. I'd rather put up with a single ring than being bugged by telespammers.

Yes, place your mouse cursor over "Low" and it magically turns into Report. You can then report that it's spam and also leave a comment.

I've used NMR, and it would catch many calls. The issue I have in my house is everyone is so "numb" to the phone never being a legit call that no one ever even bothers to look at the CallerID let alone answer it. I need to get as absolutely close as possible to the phone ONLY ringing when it's a legit caller. And, even the single ring of NMR is enough to keep reminding people that we get a ton of SPAM calls.

I wasn't aware of the reporting feature, but will absolutely be using that from now on. Anyone happen to know how many reports it takes to get the probability to increase?

SteveInWA

Quote from: Ember1205 on July 15, 2016, 07:24:18 PM
The script to auto-download would be one half of the final "solution" with the second half being the upload to CC. My ideal would be to have someone new call, add their number via the GV app on my phone to my "Allowed Callers" group, and within 15 minutes that change would be synced to CC. The next time they call, they'd be put through directly instead of any Call Treatments or other things manipulating the call.

You are welcome to write the code yourself or hire a programmer.  Consider that the independent VoIP service providers have a relatively small staff and a low profit margin, and that's what allows them to offer such low calling rates (and your free NY inbound DID).

Taoman

Quote from: Ember1205 on July 15, 2016, 07:28:07 PM
Anyone happen to know how many reports it takes to get the probability to increase?
Anyone's guess.

QuoteAnytime you request CNAM data for a number, we also provide a TrueSpam score for free. The TrueSpam score provides an indication of the "spaminess" of a caller, such as on telemarketing and robocalls. TrueSpam scores are based on anonymous and aggregated community data, updated in real-time, and are based on automated algorithms, as well as manual reviews and intervention. TrueCNAM never intercepts calls or makes decisions for you, you always keep control of what to do with your calls.

Ember1205

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 15, 2016, 07:35:23 PM

You are welcome to write the code yourself or hire a programmer.  Consider that the independent VoIP service providers have a relatively small staff and a low profit margin, and that's what allows them to offer such low calling rates (and your free NY inbound DID).

I would gladly write the code if CC published an API or any form of guidance on how to programmatically authenticate and upload the information. Since the site is TLS encrypted, it is not trivial to capture the traffic and decrypt it - I have been trying - to see the construct. I'll have to resort to tearing apart the individual pages to determine how the auth and upload processes work.

Lavarock7

The code for free PBXs is available. Perhaps you should run your own "PBX".
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com