News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 works for incoming but outgoing PTSN calls

Started by Fiddler, June 02, 2016, 02:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiddler

Hello,
I'm  trying to configure this unit but I can't stop that dreaded "service not configured error" sentence over the phone.
I can receive calls all right but get that error every time I try to call via PTSN.
Tried with and without services configured,  with phone gaving SIP1 and PTSN as default but nothing worked.
After reset I loaded the UK July 2015 xml config file and tried to configure as above. The line light turns on when  receiving calls but not when calling from the phone connected to the OBI.

Anyibe has a clue?

Thanks for your help.

ianobi

QuoteThe line light turns on when  receiving calls but not when calling from the phone connected to the OBI.

With no calls taking place, the line LED should be on, showing that the line is connected and ready for use.

For now leave the PSTN as your Primary Line - this is the default setting.

What happens if you dial # from the handset? You should hear PSTN dial tone. If so try dialling a number. This test bypasses the internal OBi110 digit maps and call routing.

What happens if you dial **9 222 222 222 ? This should connect you to the Obihai echo test. Your own voice should be echoed back to you.