News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 with Nextiva

Started by voip412, June 09, 2016, 12:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voip412

Hello there,
   Is it possible to use Obi202 with Nextiva service?
Thanks,
voip412

drgeoff

From a technical viewpoint, probably yes.  Nextiva mention SIP on their web pages and OBi devices support that, conforming pretty well to recognised standards for SIP VoIP.

However Nextiva is not the same type of service provider as the ones that almost all users here connect their OBis to.  Nextiva appears to target business and corporate systems. Whether Nextiva policy permits end-points other than ones it supplies is best answered by Nextiva themselves or someone who has successfully used an OBi with Nextiva.

SteveInWA

Nextiva is an Obihai service partner, and you can easily set up their service with an OBi device.

drgeoff

I'm not saying that SteveInWA is incorrect about using an OBi202 with Nextiva but:

1.  https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/services/spoptions mentions only OBi IP phones not OBi ATAs.  Clicking on the 'Continue' button leads to instructions which don't give me concrete evidence whether ATAs are supported or not.  It is the case that the pull-down list at the top of those instructions offers only my 1032 phone, not any of my 1x0 ATAs.

2.  The list of 'OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers' does not include Nextiva.

SteveInWA

The list of "OBiTALK Approved Service Providers" is the list of "all the providers that we specifically partnered with that use our service provider API to support remote auto-provisioning of our OBi devices".

The list of "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers" is the list of "all the providers, for which we have some known configuration parameters, which we will pre-populate in your OBi's configuration, when you click the provider's name to select it." 

Nextiva isn't included in the second list, but yes, they are in the first list.  Nextiva likely wants you to use an OBi IP phone since they have invested time in integrating the phones' feature set with their own feature set.  Since they target business customers, it's a cleaner, more modern, feature-rich solution to buy and deploy IP phones, vs. ATAs with analog phones.