News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forwarding as Respective SP Does Not Work

Started by Diesel, June 13, 2016, 07:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel

The Set Up:
I have 3 SPs on an Obi1062
1) Google Voice
2) CallCentric
3) Google Voice
When someone calls SP1 (GV#1) it routes it through SP2 (Callcentric) for CNAM. Therefore, it shows up as SP2 ringing on my device.

The Problem:
Now when I hit Call Forward button on the device to have the numbers forward to my cell phone if I am expecting a call, all calls forward to my cell phone as SP1. Even if I dial SP3 (from a completely different device to test this out) directly, the call gets forwarded to my cell as SP1 calling my cell. How do I fix that so I know how to differentiate the calls? I would like to see on my cell phone which of the SP is being called.

Thank you!

Edit:

Long pressing the call forward button brings me to the menu to modify the existing settings:
Enable.....
Destination Number.....
Voice Service.....

Is there a way to have multiple voice services selected? Meaning if someone calls SP1 and it gets forwarded to my cell, I want to see SP1 on the caller ID. Just like if someone calls SP2, I want to see SP2 on my cell phone's caller ID.

Thanks again!

azrobert

I don't see how to do what you want using the Call Forward button. When you use the Call Forward button, it sets 2 parms (CallForwardUnconditionalEnable and CallForwardUnconditionalNumber) in the Phone Setting. You can see these parms by using OBi Expert and going to IP Phone/Phone Settings. These settings appear to apply to all SP trunks. There are a few options you can use to accomplish what you want.

Option 1
You can use Star Codes to set call forwarding on the SP trunk. The default Star Code (*72) will have to be modified and you would need to modify the forwarding number on each SP trunk. You will also need to know how to use OBi Expert.

Option 2
The forwarding on the SP trunk has precedence over the Forwarding Button, so you can have a hybrid. The Forwarding Button to control SP2 and Star Codes to control SP3. Again, you need to understand OBi Expert.

Option 3
Don't use forwarding. Change the inbound routes on SP2 and SP3 to always ring the IP Phone and your Cell simultaneously. This is called Forking. This option is the easiest to configure.

Let me know if you want to try one of the above options and I'll walk you thru the setup.