News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 No Service Available Message - Fixed

Started by dlb5280, June 14, 2016, 11:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlb5280

Today I started getting a message when I try to call that says "there is no service available to complete your call". I don't see that I need a firmware upgrade. No triangle etc. Dialing ***6 I am told software update not available. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have any advice?

Many thanks,
Don

GeorgeObi

update the firmware manually to fix this.

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw  (for Obi 100 and 110)

Pick up the phone attached to your OBi and dial ***1 and write down the IP address that it reads to you.
Open a web browser to that address.
Click System Management-->Device Update-->Firmware Update-->Select file to update firmware.
Browse to the file you downloaded and select it.
Click the "Update" button.

dlb5280

Thank you so much. All is well again in obi land.

Really appreciate your help,
Don

thrandisher

Hmm. i started to get this message myself today also.

Ive done the update the way that you said, and am still getting a 404 error even on the echo test, or any number that i call out.

Ravious

It would be nice if this information was updated on the official firmware update page..

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

Bd59

What login is being asked for here?  I am confused as my Obitalk login isn't working.  Thanks.

Taoman

Quote from: Bd59 on June 14, 2016, 12:54:33 PM
What login is being asked for here?  I am confused as my Obitalk login isn't working.  Thanks.

admin is the default user name and password for local web access

guchino

I have the same problem. I reset my Obi 110 and updated firmware (it said it was current and didn't update). Now my dashboard shows service not configured.  I had to delete the current configuration and Press the Google Voice set up to reconfigure.  Now it's working again.

thrandisher

Just a update and closing to my problem, which i just got it working again.  Ive tried numerous times to flash with the 2886 firmware, rebooting then cold booting and i finally noticed it was staying on the old revision.  I had to go into my settings and tell it not to auto check for updates, then update, and everything worked out fine.

So im finally good to go now.  Worst time also since this phone is for a terminal cancer patient which today is her doctor call in for her medication and alas the phone wouldn't work (just found out last week her bone/blood cancer came back).

@guchino  You shouldnt have to. Look at your status page on your obi and verify the SoftwareVersion is 1.3.0 (Build: 2886). If it isnt then you might be running into the same problem i was running into.  If it is build 2886, then someone else will probably have to help (since im still clueless on alot of things for this device)

EDIT: Opps, i see you got it working while i was typing mine out, lol. All is good

Charlotte

Don't know if we can give kudos or points, but THANKS GeorgeObi.  Your post got my line back up and running this morning.   :)

FreeGV4all

Quote from: GeorgeObi on June 14, 2016, 11:58:16 AM

Pick up the phone attached to your OBi and dial ***1 and write down the IP address that it reads to you.
Click System Management-->Device Update-->Firmware Update-->Select file to update firmware.

Thank you SO much.  You just saved me $10!  :)  I'm going to pay it forward.

highpks

Thank you! Had the same issue and followed these instructions and now all is well. Did not have to reconfigure anything.

Cowboymick

Same issue here. Thanks for the info, it got us up and running in no time. We really appreciate it!!

nicmart

[/quote]

No idea what this means. Trying to log in with the user name a pw I use for the Obi web site doesn't work.

drgeoff

Quote from: nicmart on June 23, 2016, 05:56:01 AM

No idea what this means. Trying to log in with the user name a pw I use for the Obi web site doesn't work.
[/quote]
It means that when you point a browser at the OBi's IP address on the LAN and are asked for username and password, they are both 'admin' (without the quotes) if they have not been changed from the default values. Your credentials for the Obitalk Dashboard and forum are not what are being asked for.

JackL

My Obi100 had some problems since a couple of weeks ago, calling-in is Ok, but when calling out, it says 'No Service Available', then I updated the firmware to be 2882, still doesn't work. Please give me the step-by-step details how to 'delete the current configuration and Press the GV set up to reconfigure', OR any other solution to fix this problem. Many thanks.

Quote from: guchino on June 14, 2016, 02:24:40 PM
I have the same problem. I reset my Obi 110 and updated firmware (it said it was current and didn't update). Now my dashboard shows service not configured.  I had to delete the current configuration and Press the Google Voice set up to reconfigure.  Now it's working again.

drgeoff

Quote from: JackL on July 12, 2016, 05:05:45 PM
My Obi100 had some problems since a couple of weeks ago, calling-in is Ok, but when calling out, it says 'No Service Available', then I updated the firmware to be 2882, still doesn't work. Please give me the step-by-step details how to 'delete the current configuration and Press the GV set up to reconfigure', OR any other solution to fix this problem. Many thanks.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.0

JackL

Many thanks to Drgeoff again, Now it works!!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

[/quote]

Sandy225

Clicking on the service providers button doesn't seem to work. It's giving me the standard error as below. Does that mean obihai is forcing me to pay the $10 inspite of manually updating the firmware?

Your device may have outdated, old software which no longer complies with Google Voice security requirements.

The latest software, available through your OBiTALK account, will ensure that you can continue using Google Voice on your OBi securely. To get the latest software, please make sure your device is within its one-year warranty and support entitlement or that you have paid for extended support. Obihai support entitles you to the latest software for your OBi with automatic software updates as well as expert advice from Obihai's support team.

OBi customers may also visit: www.obitalk.com/info/support for more information including access to the OBiTALK forum.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Sandy225 on July 15, 2016, 03:37:09 PM
Clicking on the service providers button doesn't seem to work. It's giving me the standard error as below. Does that mean obihai is forcing me to pay the $10 inspite of manually updating the firmware?

Your device may have outdated, old software which no longer complies with Google Voice security requirements.

The latest software, available through your OBiTALK account, will ensure that you can continue using Google Voice on your OBi securely. To get the latest software, please make sure your device is within its one-year warranty and support entitlement or that you have paid for extended support. Obihai support entitles you to the latest software for your OBi with automatic software updates as well as expert advice from Obihai's support team.

OBi customers may also visit: www.obitalk.com/info/support for more information including access to the OBiTALK forum.

Read and follow the instructions:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.0