News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"No Service Available"

Started by DaveInVA, June 14, 2016, 04:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveInVA

My Google Voice and Obi have been working great until now. The right hand green light has gone out and I get "No service available" error if I try and call. If I call the number from another call I get the setup prompt for that number. Everything looks good here and on Google Voice. I've tried resetting the Obi and router etc but same thing. Internet si working fine with computer etc.

What might have happened and what should I check for. The dashboard here says its connected.

Thanks.

hapollo

Common issue today and this month. Update to firmware 2886 or 5264 per the multitude of other threads today.

Particularly the ones about $10

DaveInVA

The dashboard says its now offline so I couldn't do the ***6. So I downloaded the latest firmware and manually tried to install it. I got the message that it was the same version as already installed so it wasn't going to update it.
About a week ago I got a strange text on my cell phone that had been forwarded from my google voice number with what was supposed to be a voice mail. I didn't click on it and after googling the number on it found it was meant to hijack google voice numbers. Even though I didn't click on it I wonder if that could be what happened.?
If so how to I get my service back? I never got any $10 ransomware notices but my service went offline.

Thanks

DaveInVA

It turns out the firmware version at the usual place is not the newest one. I finally found the right version and manually downloaded it and now it seems to work again.

Thanks!

raman

can someone post link to latest firmware please ? I am having same issue. thanks

raman

will this firmware work on OBi100 ?
meantime I deleted my googleVoice setup from dashboard so I can add again to see if it works. Now I am not able to add it. any ideas ?

SteveInWA

• Download and save the .fw file from this link:  http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw
  • Although the filename includes "OBi110", it is also valid for OBi100 devices.
  • Pick up the phone attached to your OBi and dial ***1 and write down the IP address that it reads to you.
  • Open a web browser to that address.
  • Click System Management-->Device Update-->Firmware Update-->Select file to update firmware.
  • Browse to the file you downloaded and select it.
  • Click the "Update" button.
  • You may need to re-authorize your device to use your Google account after this procedure.  To do that, first, be sure that you are logged into the correct Google/Gmail account that holds your Google Voice number.  Then, open another web browser tab, and log into to the OBiTALK dashboard, click on your device, then click on the Service Provider (SP1 or SP2) that is using Google Voice.  Click "Accept" at the prompt.  On the window that will open, click the link to "Replace Google account credentials" and follow the instructions.

DaveInVA

My phone is now working and it forwards to the correct number and I can call out. However when I log in to my Obi dashboard it says I am offline and it doesn't let me do anything. I don't even see the SP1, SP2 settings. Just the number of the softphone and teh status icon that means "offline".
Whats going on?

DaveInVA

Ok, I figured that last one out. Forgot I had to use my original email and password and not the GV ones. Says its connected and no prompts etc. Shows 2 speed dials/endpoints I don't remember setting up but they seem to be between the softphone and the obi. So far its working fine.

raman

thanks guys mine is working fine as well. I updated firmware using above instructions.  :) :) :)