News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 No Tel Light

Started by lexluthor, June 08, 2016, 09:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexluthor

Hi, I have an OBi200.  Starting this afternoon, my phone that's connected to the OBi says "check tel line".  To troubleshoot, I removed the OBi from my dashboard and did a factory reset on the device.  After the factory reset, my OBi has a solid power light, flashing LAN light (and it is getting an IP from my router), but the tel light is off completely.  My phone still says check tel light.  I get no dialtone on my phone.

I'm unable to re-provision my OBi because I can't dial the code because the OBi isn't seeing my phone.

I did try a different telco cable between the phone and the OBi.  I also tried a different phone (corded phone).

I am able to access the wan management portal.  In system status, I do see that it's received an IP. In phone port status, it says on-hook and all values are 0. If I take my phone off-hook, it still says on-hook and all of the values are 0.

I'm running firmware 3.1.0 (build 5110).

Looks to me like I have a defective phone port on the OBi.  The dashboard said that my warranty is through 2/2017.  Will OBi replace this under warranty.

Is there anything else I could try?

SteveInWA

If you don't get a dialtone or other sound when you pick up the attached phone, after a factory reset, then, you have a dead OBi.   Obihai will probably just replace it for you.

drgeoff

That all the voltages are reported as zero adds further weight to SteveInWA's diagnosis that the OBi has a hardware fault.

lexluthor

Agree, seems like hardware to me.

Their support doesn't appear to be too easy to reach.  I've reported via the web submission, email and a vm, but no way to speak with someone live.

I guess since the Dashboard said my warranty is good through 2/2017, they should be supporting me?

Any idea how long it may take to hear from them?

What's their warranty replacement process like?  Do I pay for shipping either way?

lexluthor

They actually replied pretty quickly and are replacing under warranty.  I have to send it in and they'll send me a replacement once they receive mine.

lexluthor

Replacement OBi works.

Back in business!

SteveInWA

Good news; thanks for the follow-up!