News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

My phone is not telling me when I have a new message.

Started by JamesJay, June 16, 2016, 05:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesJay

My phone is not telling me when I have a new message, I have to either just check my messages or check my Google Voice inbox. What do I need to do? thanks in advance.

(BTW my OBi200 has been serving me quite well since ~January , I love it. ;D)

SteveInWA

Neither the Message Waiting Indicator (stutter dial tone), nor the Visual Message Waiting Indicator (flashing light) functions are supported for Google Voice on OBi devices.

You can instead have Google Voice send you a text message or email when you have a voice mail message waiting.

JamesJay

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 16, 2016, 06:47:08 PM
Neither the Message Waiting Indicator (stutter dial tone), nor the Visual Message Waiting Indicator (flashing light) functions are supported for Google Voice on OBi devices.

You can instead have Google Voice send you a text message or email when you have a voice mail message waiting.

Well that answers my question so I will just have to set up G.V. to send me an email when I get a new message, I will just have to get into a habit of checking my email for messages rather than the phone, I will get used to it just fine so thanks for the answer to my question SteveInWA. :) ;)

BigJim_McD

Another way to get notices is via either the Google Voice APP or the Hangouts APP on an Android Smart phone. 

I have both APPs on my Galaxy s7 and on my Galaxy Tab S.  I do get redundant notices with both APPs installed.  The APPs allow me to both listen to my messages and also view the voice messages in "Text" form.  The Google Voice Android APP allows filtering of the Google Call History displayed.
BigJimMcD