News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi100 suddenly SOMETIMES incoming calls goes VM directly, please help

Started by roku3, June 27, 2016, 09:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roku3

Note: I said SOMETIMES, i.e. it was fine last night that I could receive incoming calls, and then just now the incoming calls goes directly to VM, which I didn't activate. out-going calls, however, has no problems.

=================================================

device: obi100
canada freephoneline
router tplink ac3200, obi100 hard wired to router, sip alg was disabled in router.

Firmware Version: 1.3.0.2815
   ISP Name: teksavvy cable 25/2
   Computer OS: windows 7

I have been using obi100 for a while. it's been working fine, i.e. could receive incoming calls with no problem. And I did NOT do anything about the setup. then suddenly last week someday out of blue that the incoming calls went directly to VM, then after 2 days it worked fine, then after another day, it went to directly to VM again. it's like on and off randomly while during the whole period I didn't do anything to it.

when it first happened, I tried *73, same thing, went directly to Voice Mail. rebooted both obi100 and the router.

the green light in the middle keeps blinking, the power light is green and solid, the phone light is not on - when not making a call.

checked both cable and phone wire connections, also tried different cables and phone wires, make sure there's no hardware problem, still same thing. what's weird and annoying is it worked fine for a week and this morning for one call after I did what OBi said on its web, then next call went directly to VM again. could not pin down where the problem is.

please help, thank you.

drgeoff

Next time you find that calls are going to voicemail, check if your OBi is SIP registered or not with FPL.  You can do that by looking at Status either on your OBi's local web GUI or the Obitalk portal. 

roku3

Quote from: drgeoff on June 27, 2016, 10:08:27 AM
Next time you find that calls are going to voicemail, check if your OBi is SIP registered or not with FPL.  You can do that by looking at Status either on your OBi's local web GUI or the Obitalk portal. 

sorry you mean SIP or SP1? I just tried it went to VM and when I login to obi local web GUI, I see this "Register Failed: 486 Too many requests (server=208.65.240.44:5060; retry in 7s)" in system status. where should I go after login to check if SIP is registered with FPL?

roku3

i googled that "486 too many requests", it seems like an age-old problem with no solution

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6033.0

I tried change "RegistryRetryPeriod" (default 30) to 120 as some people did, reboot, still the same.

drgeoff

Not sure why you say "no solution".  The retry period is not the problem.  Try increasing the RegistrationPeriod.

Jackson

Quote from: roku3 on June 27, 2016, 09:26:25 AM
Note: I said SOMETIMES, i.e. it was fine last night that I could receive incoming calls, and then just now the incoming calls goes directly to VM, which I didn't activate. out-going calls, however, has no problems.

canada freephoneline
router tplink ac3200, obi100 hard wired to router, sip alg was disabled in router.

2ay, it went to directly to VM again. it's like on and off randomly while during the whole period I didn't do anything to it.

Well you may as well update your your FW to the latest.  You are a few updates behind.  Can't hurt.
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11252.msg73904#msg73901

Follow SteveInWA's procedure.

roku3

Quote from: drgeoff on June 27, 2016, 03:00:34 PM
Not sure why you say "no solution".  The retry period is not the problem.  Try increasing the RegistrationPeriod.

because the last post of my above link, someone tried following all the suggestions and still ended up in the same situation like i'm in now. sometimes works, sometimes goes to vm, that was back in 2013. my registrationperiod is 3600, that's the value in the setup guide. what other value should I try?

roku3

Quote from: Jackson on June 27, 2016, 03:18:59 PM
Quote from: roku3 on June 27, 2016, 09:26:25 AM

canada freephoneline

2ay, it went to directly to VM again. it's like on and off randomly while during the whole period I didn't do anything to it.

Well you may as well update your your FW to the latest.  You are a few updates behind.  Can't hurt.
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11252.msg73904#msg73901

Follow SteveInWA's procedure.

thank you. updated. before I updated, tried 3 times, twice worked. after updated and just tried, worked. will keep testing in next few days, will report back. hope this will resolve the issue.