News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

HELP! OBI 100 cannot access management webpage!

Started by jinyuan1, June 26, 2016, 05:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinyuan1

So I woke up with the same issues as everybody else.  I tried following SteveInWA's advice to update the firmware to my OBI 100.

Pick up the phone attached to your OBi and dial ***1 and write down the IP address that it reads to you.

Did this, but when I opened a web browser to that address, it tells me that the page/URL cannot be found! Tried different devices, no luck.

When I dialed ***1, it did read, "DHCP is enabled."

My OBI is connected directly to the home router.  My PC is also connected directly to the router via cable.

This is driving me a little insane!  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

SteveInWA

Enter just the four sets of numbers and the periods (.) directly into your browser's address bar, with nothing else, like this:

192.168.1.45 (of course, use the actual numbers read to you)

jinyuan1

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 26, 2016, 05:33:50 PM
Enter just the four sets of numbers and the periods (.) directly into your browser's address bar, with nothing else, like this:

192.168.1.45 (of course, use the actual numbers read to you)

Thanks, that is exactly what I did.  I entered: 192.168.1.6
into Firefox, iexplore... What I'm getting is:

"This site can't be reached." or "URL cannot be found".

SteveInWA

What happens when you enter 192.168.1.1 into your browser?  Does it take you to your router's configuration page?

If you can't get this to work, you may be able to upgrade your device remotely, if you have it added to your OBiTALK web portal page.  You can read drgeoff's instructions here:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11372.msg74826#msg74826

jinyuan1

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 26, 2016, 06:20:51 PM
What happens when you enter 192.168.1.1 into your browser?  Does it take you to your router's configuration page?

If you can't get this to work, you may be able to upgrade your device remotely, if you have it added to your OBiTALK web portal page.  You can read drgeoff's instructions here:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11372.msg74826#msg74826

Thanks for your suggestions.

Entering 192.168.1.1 gave the same error message, "Page not found."

I tried following drgeoff's instructions; however, when I go to system management > auto provisioning, it says " method = disabled" and it is grayed out so I cannot select 'enable'.  Any ideas????

SteveInWA

The "page not found" error suggests that your PC is not actually connected to the router.  I realize that you said you connected it to your router "via a cable".  Perhaps it is also connected to another network via WiFi (some nearby hotspot).  Try turning off your computer's WiFi.  Power your computer off.  Power your router and your OBi off.

Power on the router and wait for it to stop blinky-blinky rebooting.  Then, power on the computer and again, make sure that it is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable, and that WiFi is turned off.

Power on the OBi.

Now, try reaching the router and the OBi.  What happens?

SteveInWA

And, as for the drgeoff method, you need to remove BOTH check marks from the right side of the "auto firmware method" value, which will then enable it to be edited.