News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What companies, besides Callcentric, support E911 and CNAM?

Started by mainhome4, July 07, 2016, 12:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mainhome4

I have Google Voice and Callcentric connected to my OBI110, but I am having issues with the two services working together with my phone line at home. So, I'd like to try another service like Callcentric to forward my Google Voice calls to so I can get E911 and CNAM database support on my home phones. I just want to see if that fixes the issues I'm having.

So, what other companies, besides Callcentric, support both E911 and CNAM? And how much do they cost, if you know?

Thanks for any help!

BigJim_McD

mainhome4, 

I use Google Voice for Outgoing Calls and "voip.ms" for incoming calls, CNAM and E911.  I'm very happy with this combination.  I enjoy testing the many features available with voip.ms.  I was able to improve the voip.ms CNAM results by adding the phone numbers that I receive most of my calls from to the voip.ms Phone Book.
BigJimMcD

mainhome4

Quote from: BigJim_McD on July 07, 2016, 01:05:19 PM
mainhome4, 

I use Google Voice for Outgoing Calls and "voip.ms" for incoming calls, CNAM and E911.  I'm very happy with this combination.  I enjoy testing the many features available with voip.ms.  I was able to improve the voip.ms CNAM results by adding the phone numbers that I receive most of my calls from to the voip.ms Phone Book.

Thanks for the info. How much do you pay per month for voip.ms? For example, with Callcentric, it's $1.50 per month and that's it. Is voip.ms similar in pricing? Or do they do per minute pricing instead?

BigJim_McD

Fees for voip.ms

$4.25 - DID Monthly Fee - Flat Rate / Residential
$0.99 - DID Monthly Fee - Per Minute / No restrictions
$0.25 - Virtual DID Monthly Fee - Per Minute / No restrictions
$1.50 - e911 Recovery Fee
$0.008 - Caller ID Lookup

I find the prices to be reasonable for the quality, features and dependability of the service.
BigJimMcD