News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No phone

Started by helpful55, July 07, 2016, 04:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helpful55

Well this is just all beautiful. All I did is change modems and now obi wont connect anymore. Resets did nothing.  I can do the echo. I deleted gvoice like it said and attempts to re set up gv just goes around and around to the page to select my provider or the dashboard page. I can't get the page to enter my gv acct info. The ****6 says goodbye. ****1 same thing. What do I do?

SteveInWA

Looking at your posting history:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=11972;sa=showPosts and your post today, I have wonder what you have done, exactly, and how your home network is configured.

First of all, the commands are ***6 and ***1, not ****6 nor ****1.  The rest of your post is pretty unclear.

Describe the topology (what's connected to what) in detail.  For example, something like this:

I have a <cable>/<DSL> modem from <provider>.  Its Ethernet port is connected to <router/switch/what>.  The OBi is attached to <what>.  When I pick up the phone attached to the OBi and dial ***1, it tells me that its IP address is <what>, or it doesn't get assigned an IP address.

And, so on...

helpful55

I don't understand what my previous posts would have to do with this problem and they are all from last year. If I am dialing the wrong number it is because the type is so miniature I can't read it properly. Of course I wouldn't be dialing something other than what I can read.

I am just going by what the troubleshooting and setup information told me to do. It said if I was getting the authorization error to delete my gv acct and then re set it up. Now I can't get it to re set up the SP. When I click to configure my SP on the device configuration page it goes to a page where you can pick the SP you want. Clicking on GV just sends it back to that config page. Round and round.

Net comes in to my modem (had to go to an oldie temporarily a Linksys WCG200), then to a switch and then to the obi. This has just been working fine, but I had to go to this router temporarily. That is all I changed. PC connects to net just fine.

***6 says no firmware update. ***1 says IP is 192.168.0.10. echo test now says it is denied by the server. The **9_ _ _ _ will never complete for set up. Although I am not sure about that as it seems like it is already set up it just needs the SP configured.

SteveInWA

Well, you installed a 12-year-old cable modem/router, for starters.  All bets are off as to compatibility.  It's not even worth troubleshooting; it wasn't much good when it was new.

If you have an OBi 100 or 110, then you must read and follow the instructions here to upgrade it:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11384.0

If you can't afford to buy or lease a current-generation cable modem, then take your OBi to a friend or family member's house and try setting it up on their network, before wasting any more time with that old modem/router.

Log into the OBiTALK portal page.  Delete the device completely off of the portal.  Wait a few minutes.  Then, pick up the phone attached to the OBi and press ***8, then press 1 to factory-reset it.  Wait long enough for the LEDs to stop blinking; at least 5 minutes.

Add the device back to the OBiTALK portal using the **5 method.  If this works, then you can set up Google Voice by following my instructions, here:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

helpful55

If you knew all of the hassles I have been having with my local internet provide and knew the situation you would know why I am using this modem and just temporarily. Would I also have to go to someone else's house to make phone calls then? What is the point of that? It set up perfectly when I reset it all like you said. When I bought this obi about 4 years ago I don't remember it requiring anything other than internet service and to set up a provider and I already had GV.

I went through the update and it ended stating that the update was the same as what was already in place.

I used what was available on the obi dashboard to troubleshoot and fix problems. It has various things to do, many of them somewhat complicated and were not anything I had to do when I initially set this up. None worked and none of them ever said to do what you said. I followed what the supposed official support is.

Thanks for your help. I figured it was probably something pretty simple, but I didn't realize that probably just some minor thing would require it to be fully re setup.