News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Group ring configure

Started by WGubbe, July 11, 2016, 11:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WGubbe

Hello everyone, Have an OBI 202 for a few weeks. Basic setup went OK. To go further I want to setup so that when there is an incoming I want the phone connected to OBi to ring and at the same time I want my wife's cell phone to ring. 4 rings then go to the OBi voice mail if no answer from either one. I almost have it. I setup a group ring with the main acct and a fwd of my wife's cell. What happens is the OBi phone does not ring but my wife's cell does ring. After four rings the OBi phones gives two beeps in the calling phone and then the cell phone rings four more times. If no answer it then switches to voice mail from main acct.?? I can't find a way around this. If I was a person calling me I would have hung after the first long silence. Sorry for going on and on....
Regards Bill
Sorry my provider is voIP.ms.

Taoman

Quote from: WGubbe on July 11, 2016, 11:32:31 AM
4 rings then go to the OBi voice mail if no answer from either one.

What is "OBi voice mail?" OBi devices don't have their own voicemail system. If VoIP.ms is your only provider then VoIP.ms voicemail is your only option unless you are referring to an answering machine in your OBi connected phone.

What is your ring time set to for each line in your ring group?
What is voicemail set to in your ring group?

What is "Ring Time in seconds" set to for your VoIP.ms DID?
What are your Failover Options set to for your VoIP.ms DID?

How do you know the "two beeps" the calling party hears are coming from "the OBi phones?"

What is your wife's cell phone set up to do in case of no answer? Does it forward back to your VoIP.ms DID number?

In your VoIP.ms DID config, if you change the routing from a Ring Group to your SIP [main account] does your OBi connected phone ring? If so, are you positive your Ring Group is configured properly to also route to your SIP [main account]?

MurrayB

Ring group and forward are different be sure of which option you set up forward would immediately forward the call. When you have a ring group I think that you can't set the ring time on those DIDs. My ring time is set to 60secs.

Voip.ms is great but there are many choices. Be sure to read the Wiki lots of good data.

WGubbe

First off thank you for the reply. Sure has put me to thinking.

Sorry I meant the voice mail associated with my sip [main account].

I have two lines in my ring group 1. sip [main account] 2. FWD [cell phone number] each one is set for 20s. In my ring group the voice mail is associated with my SIP [main account] ring time in seconds for my VoIP.ms DID is 20s.
My failover option is set for my VoIP.ms is Route on no answer.
Sorry I don't know that the two beeps are coming from the OBi equipment. What is happening is: using a telephone exterior to the OBi system I call my DID. The telephone attached to the OBi equipment does not ring but my wife's cell does. In the earpiece of the exterior telephone there is silence then after 20s their are two beeps in the earpiece of the exterior telephone and the cellphone will start to ring again for another 20s then switches to the voice mail associated with the SIP [main account]
If you call my wife's cell phone directly it will ring and switch to her voice mail after 20s. In the config above the SIP [main account]  is FWD to my wife's cell after 20s. Then rings for 20s and transfers to SIP [main account] voice mail.
If I change back to SIP [main account] the phone connected to the OBi equipment does ring.

I apologize for this long explanation I have rewritten this a half dozen times.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Regards Bill

Taoman

Quote from: WGubbe on July 12, 2016, 01:26:49 PM

My failover option is set for my VoIP.ms is Route on no answer.

Try again. Incoming calls route where on no answer? Do you forward them somewhere or just send them to voicemail?

Quote from: WGubbe on July 12, 2016, 01:26:49 PM
If you call my wife's cell phone directly it will ring and switch to her voice mail after 20s.

Are you talking about your wife's cell carrier voicemail that kicks in after 20 seconds? If so, is it possible to lengthen that to 25 or 30 seconds?

It makes no sense to me that your OBi rings when routed directly to SIP [main account] but it doesn't ring when routed to a ring group. Need to figure this out before proceeding any further. You're not routing to a sub-account in the ring group by any chance?

Edit your ring group and uncheck the box for the forward to your wife's cell phone and save the edited ring group. Make another call to your VoIP.ms DID. Does your OBi ring?

Lavarock7

Is your obi connected to Voip.Ms's main account or a sub account?

I use subaccounts for everything.

I would create a forward and add the cell phone. Then I would create a subaccount for the Obi.

Then create a ring group with the Obi and forward.

The voicemail can be set as a default destination from the ring group.

I believe the following is correct but don't quote me :-)

The cellphone with its voicemail can cause a problem. You must not let it answer because messages will be left there and not at Voip.Ms.

Also if she calls the inbound VoipMs number from her cell, by default, your ring group will call her cell and the Obi BUT the cellphone provider will see her caller ID and ask for her cellphone voicemail password. I guess you could set up a caller ID filter that routs here cellphone ID to Voip.Ms voicemail and not back to her cellphone.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

WGubbe

Hi, I erased my ring group and forward number then reset both with new entries. This made it work as I want. 20 sec simultaneous ring then 20 sec ring on the forward number then if no answer switch to VM for the main account. So I was very pleased.
Then we had a six hour hydro failure. When hydro restored main account would not register and I received and AJAX error. Followed the error link to database page and tried the resolution ie reboot, renter server info etc. The link was datatables.net. I didn' do anything obvious but after several reboots it just started to work again. I have tested it many times in the last few days and it works even after simulated power failures. So at the moment I am happy. I think I will port my number over and go with VoIP.ms. The voice quality is very good and stable so far
Thank you again for your help.
Regards, Bill