News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No Conference Port Available to Add Participant (Obi 1000 phone)

Started by Daniel36, July 11, 2016, 11:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel36

Hi Everyone,

I have the following setup.   Google Voice on SP1, Call Centric on SP2, and another Google Voice (different account) on SP3.    When trying to do conference calls between any of the 3 lines, I get the following error:

No Conference Port Available to Add Participant.

I know for a fact that I was able to do conference calls last week.  The only change I did was to set MOH to an(jazz).   Could this be the problem??   Actually, I will try it now...

Daniel36

OMG... I WAS RIGHT.   IF YOU HAVE MOH (MUSIC ON HOLD) ENABLED, THAT WILL PREVENT YOU FROM DOING CONFERENCE CALLS.   

I think the reason is that the MOH uses up a port.   IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN PROVIDE A WORK AROUND????

ianobi

QuoteI think the reason is that the MOH uses up a port.

I'm guessing it's something like that. You have a call on hold using a "session", then maybe MOH is also using a "session" By default each SPx can only handle two sessions, so it cannot make the next call to start a conference. Try changing to this for all three SPx's involved:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> Calling Features -> MaxSessions : 4

Daniel36

Thank you for that.  I will try this and get back to you. 

ianobi

Simulating your call set up situation gives me the same "No Conference Port Available to Add Participant" if I put the first call on hold, then make another call and then press "conference". This would seem a logical way of setting up a conference call, but seems not to work with MOH. My suggestion for MaxSessions seems to make no difference, although I always set mine to 4 as it avoids other possible problems.

If I answer the first incoming call, then press "Conference", the first call receives MOH and the "Conference Target" window is displayed. I then dial a second call. When the second call is answered I press the "Conference now" key and all three parties are now in a conference call. This does not seem logical, but it works! Also, this does not seem to follow the documentation on how conference calls should work.

According to "Call Status" MOH does count as a "call" or session, but this does not seem to be the cause of the problem.

Any other test results would be interesting    :-\