News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Strange new problem with incoming calls

Started by voip_curious, July 11, 2016, 11:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voip_curious

Sorry if this already been reported but recently I started having a strange problem with incoming calls. The caller would loose sound at about 1.5 minute mark and then, sound would return after about a minute.

Wonder if it's an OBI issue or my provider. Would a new firmware fix something like that?

Mango

I had a D-Link router once that did that.

Without knowing what service provider you're using or the make and model of your router, it's very very hard to give good advice.

voip_curious

It behaved exactly the same with tp-link archer c7 as well as with a linksys router when I took it in to my provider. As far as I can tell it is down to my provider doing something or the obi200 having issues

Taoman

Quote from: voip_curious on July 12, 2016, 07:59:00 AM
It behaved exactly the same with tp-link archer c7 as well as with a linksys router when I took it in to my provider. As far as I can tell it is down to my provider doing something or the obi200 having issues

Is the name of your provider a secret? I would use a process of elimination. Download the free softphone phonerlite and install it on your computer and configure it for your "provider." Does the problem persist using Phonerlite?