News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to login to network with Obi100 device?

Started by MysticWhiteDragon, July 12, 2016, 04:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MysticWhiteDragon

I live in an apartment where they decided to replace the box used for the tv and internet with a stupid android tv stick what comes with some stupid ethernet plug on the power adapter.  I have to log in each of my devices using the username and password given to me.  This is easy to do on my smart devices and PC.  However, I'm not sure how to set up the Obi100 to do this.

Basically, I need it to use my user ID and password given to access the internet.  Otherwise, it just continues to try to connect to the google voice service.

drgeoff

It is impossible to do that on an OBi.

You might be able to workaround it by adding a router which has a MAC address clone option.

MysticWhiteDragon

Unfortunately that won't work either, becuase with the new method, a lot of people are reporting it timing out every 8 hours and having to log in again.  To even get my network to work properly with the android TV stick, I had to put the device into Universal Repeater mode which breaks the wireless but essentially turns it into a HUB.  I then use the sticks WiFi router option to connect to the network.  I might be able to connect it using a second router as a client to the stick wirelessly.  And then conneccting at least one device (maybe my PC) to it to login to verify the router.  But, I'm not 100% sure that would work either.