News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 has gone crazy

Started by UnhappyBev, July 27, 2016, 07:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnhappyBev

As a bit of background, everything had been working fine for months.  I have the Obi202 and the Google Voice, it was set up really without problems and worked.

Now, there is a new firmware for it (5285) while I have the older firmware (5264 or 5265).  It won't update, either by phone or manually.

The status on the dashboard shows connected, then offline, then connected again.  I can call my number on another phone, answer my Obi202 phone, and it is still ringing on the phone I'm calling from (non Obi202 phone).  I can't make outgoing calls, even though the status is supposed to be online.  Yesterday, it was finally restored to working order, after the reset button was pushed and everything was set up again.  It then reverted to not working after a few hours, and then just as mysteriously, it was working again.  Only to find out this morning things are back to not working.

I do have the nagging suspicion that had I paid their $10 or $20 extortion fee, this wouldn't be happening.  They've said they're "sorry to hear you're having problems with your Obihai," and yet they're the ones causing the problems.

It is a bit ironic that the only people that will support their Obihai product are those here in the forum generous enough to spend the time and share their knowledge.

SteveInWA

Hi:

Please see your duplicate post here:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9983.msg75715#msg75715

I sympathize with your frustration.  Sometimes, electronic gadgets just go bad.  It sounds like you have a failing OBi unit (hardware problem, not a firmware or configuration issue), or an intermittently failing internet connection.

Your choices are to attempt to test your internet connection for reliability, or get your internet service provider to do it,  and/or buy a new OBi, or give up and get telephone service from a regular telephone or cable company.