News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New to Obihai. Anyone has experience with Obifax?

Started by LSFD, July 28, 2016, 01:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LSFD

I am considering between internet fax and obifax (after a telephone company continuously jacks up my landline bill.)  The subscription for obifax is $5 which seems small compared to internet fax.  Anyone has experience with obifax.  I love to have your opinion before I make a jump.

LTN1

Does having a local phone number--as in area code (for the fax number), important to you? If not, consider signing up for a free Callcentric NY number and setting it to receive faxes full time. You will get the fax via e-mail in PDF format.

If you want, you can also forward your GV number to that free Callcentric number to receive faxes also--though forwarding via VoIP doesn't always ensure the best fax connections.

The only downside is when you sign up for the Callcentric free NY number, you will have to pay a small monthly fee for 911 service ($1.50 per month I think) if you state that you are in the U.S. or Canada. If you are outside of the U.S. or Canada, no 911 service fee is required.