News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I need your help

Started by atefaa, August 06, 2016, 04:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atefaa

I am using obi110 at home i conect google voice number in to sip1 when i make call to any number within USA it work fine but when some one call my google number it ring at my cell phone
i dont want that i want to make it ring in to obi how do i make do that? thanks

LTN1

Go to your Google Voice web settings under phones (Settings/Phones). This is where you should see where your numbers are being forwarded to. Uncheck your cell phone as a forwarding number (your phone should not ring after this). Do you see "Google chat" as an option? If you do, click the forwarding box to include forwarding to Google Chat. This should then ring your OBi device.

If you don't see Google chat under the Phones section, let us know and we can further guide you.

atefa

I have the same problem, but in my case I can't see the Google chat under the Phones section. I can only see my Google voicemail access number
I don't see any checkbox next to my mobile number also
please help, and thank you

LTN1

It would help to diagnose the problem if you could take a screenshot of your main Google Voice page plus the Phones tab page. The reason is to check to see if you have a full GV account or whether you have a GV lite account.

But if you are able to carefully read instructions (and I mean to the T), these instructions by SteveInWA can likely help you resolve your problem: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

If your issue is just to bring back the Google chat option, then it would be easy (go to that part of Steve's instructions). I suspect though, that you may have other issues--hence, the screenshots could help others help you.

SteveInWA

A Google Voice "Access number" is used only by you, the subscriber, to call into Google's voicemail server and listen to your voicemail messages.  Nobody can call you on that number.

Google Voice is a US-only service.  If you are outside the USA, then consider getting VoIP service from some other service provider, like Anveo, Callcentric, voip.ms or Phonepower.