News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone Doesn't Ring

Started by mooney265, August 08, 2016, 07:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mooney265

Greetings,

I've had my Obi for a couple years at a vacation home. When I originally set it up, it all worked except for the phone didn't "sound" on ring. You could answer it, but there was never a ring. Everything else worked great.

FF to today. I thought I'd go ahead and attempt to fix the "no ring" situation. Updated the F/W [I believe] and it still has the same issue. I've read that if i change the ring voltage from default 70 to say "90" it could fix the issue.

When I attempt to do this in Expert Mode, I see that I cannot adjust any of the parameters. I can select "device default" but cannot change any of the parameters.

How do I make changes in expert mode? I have a Obi-202 and use Google Voice for the service.

Thanks, Shannon

drgeoff

Untick both the 'Device Default' and 'OBiTALK Settings' boxes.  Then you will be able to make changes. When done scroll down and click 'Submit'.

Sometimes changing the RingWaveform to Trapezoidal does the business.

mooney265

drgeoff,

first of all - thanks for the advice. by unchecking both, i was able to make those changes. unfortunately, the phone connected to sp1 still doesn't ring.

before I start really fooling around with these settings, i'd like to ensure that the settings are actually going to my Obi. I cannot find an "update obi" button or anything of that sort.

Q: how can i be assured that the settings i'm saving on the obi configuration website are actually going to my Obi?

Thanks, shannon

drgeoff

Quote from: mooney265 on August 08, 2016, 10:35:22 AM
drgeoff,

first of all - thanks for the advice. by unchecking both, i was able to make those changes. unfortunately, the phone connected to sp1 still doesn't ring.

before I start really fooling around with these settings, i'd like to ensure that the settings are actually going to my Obi. I cannot find an "update obi" button or anything of that sort.

Q: how can i be assured that the settings i'm saving on the obi configuration website are actually going to my Obi?

Thanks, shannon

1.  When you click "Submit" your OBi should reboot and its LEDs should briefly behave differently as it does that.

2. You can see what settings are on the OBi by logging  in to its local web GUI.  Dial ***1 and note the IP address which will be read out to you.  Point a browser at that.  admin and admin are the default user and password.  You will then see a user interface which is very similar to the portal's expert mode.

Are you sure that remote configuration has not been disabled? Using the local GUI, click on System Management, then on Auto Provisioning. Look at the first line of the Obitalk Provisioning section. 

mooney265

I've been able to login via LAN UI and made sure my changes are taking effect on the Obi device. One thing I cannot seem to be able to do is update the F/W [or, be sure that the current F/W is installed.

Right now, I have a Obi-202 with F/W:
HardwareVersion   1.4
SoftwareVersion   3.1.0 (Build: 5264)

Any advice on updating F/W, or if i have the most current for my device? Thanks, Shannon

drgeoff

There is a 5285 but that isn't going to fix your not ringing problem. http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-0-5285.fw

Have you tried another phone?

mooney265

Thanks for the info on f/w.

I'll pick up a phone tomorrow. And report back.

Shannon