News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai 202 and Cisco SPA504G setup problem

Started by Torress, August 11, 2016, 10:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torress

Hello,

I am trying to setup Obitalk with Google Voice to SPA504G and the ip phone showing Initialing Network everything. I plugged the Obiahi202 internet to router (Comcast) and SW port between Obi device to Cisco ip phone. What should I do ? Can anyone help me to setup ?

Thanks

drgeoff

Maybe http://web.archive.org/web/20160317011451/http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi-VoIP-Device-Attach-Legacy-IP-Phone-Workbook-v1-0.pdf helps you.

Torress

I tried to change the Obi setting and IP phone settings it says "Not Registered. (No Response) on the IP Phone display. Any idea ?

drgeoff

Quote from: Torress on August 11, 2016, 02:22:20 PM
I tried to change the Obi setting and IP phone settings it says "Not Registered. (No Response) on the IP Phone display. Any idea ?
Do you really expect that with so little info about what you have actually done in quite a complex setup anyone can identify the problem?

Are you following to the letter the document I linked to?  The only idea I have is to check that you have changed the appropriate SP slot on the OBi202 from being a SIP client to acting as a SIP proxy.

Torress

I configured the Obi202 and SPA504G setting on Web Guide Interface. I made the following changes:

And so, ITSP Profile D and SP4 on the OBi202 shall be configured as a proxy for the IP phone.
• ITSP Profile D/General/SignalingProtocol = SIP (default)
• ITSP Profile D/SIP/ProxyServer = 192.168.1.10 (ie IP address of our SPA962 IP Phone)
• ITSP Profile D/SIP/ProxyServerPort = 5063 (SIP listening port for our IP Phone)
• ITSP Profile D/SIP/X_SpoofCallerID = yes (or checked, this will ensure we pass the caller ID through)
Next, create the local voice service that the IP phone will use as its proxy:
• SP4/X_ServProvProfile = D (We're saying use the ITSP D profile with this voice service)
• SP4/X_UserAgentPort = 5063 (Note:'you'can'choose'a'port'that'you'prefer,'just'be'sure'to'use'the'
same'port'number'throughout'the'tutorial
• SP4/X_RingProfile = B
• SP4/X_RegisterEnable = no (or unchecked)
• SP4/AuthUserName = 1001  (This can be defined by you, but needs to be the same on the IP Phone)
• SP4/AuthPassword = AnyPhonePassword (Once again, you can define this, but must be the same on
the IP Phone)
• SP4/X_Proxy = yes (or checked)

Configure the IP phone to register to the OBi and use it as it's proxy
On the IP phone, set=up the following parameters:

• EXT 1/Proxy = 192.168.1.20:5063 (ie: IP address of OBi202)
• EXT 1/User ID = 1001
• EXT 1/Password = AnyPhonePassword
• EXT 1/Register Expires = 60
• EXT 1/Register = yes
• SIP/Send Resp To Src Port = yes

When i did the changes and reboot of the devices, SPA504G phones buttons became solid green and when i hang up the phone there is a dial tone i guess which is a good sign. I tried to follow instructions on obitalk to add a device it asks me to call ** number. When i try to dial two star codes it says InvalidNumber on the phone display. I also try 1 star code (*)+number it says Busy when i dial. I couldnt add the device because of the InvalidNumber error. I plugged both Obi202 and Cisco IP phone to modem. Please advice and thanks.

drgeoff

1. The IP addresses of 192.168.1.20 for the IP phone and 192.168.1.10 for the OBi202 are example values.  Did you use the actual values that you either configured manually on the two devices or were assigned to them by DHCP on your router?

2. The **5 xxxx procedure to add the OBi202 to the Obitalk portal so that it appears on the Dashboard should be done from an analogue phone plugged into one of the two PHONE jacks on the OBi202.  That procedure and its success or failure has absolutely no dependence on getting the IP phone connected to the OBi202.

(3. BTW "when i hang up the phone there is a dial tone" means you don't understand what the term "hang up" means in a phone context.)

Torress

1. Yes, I used actual values of the devices.

2. Should I also need a analogue phone just to add the Obi202 to Obitalk portal ? I cant dial ** from an IP Phone to activate Obi202.

3. There were no dial tone before I configure the values of each device thats why I mentioned.

So what should I do next ?

drgeoff

Does the Cisco phone show that it is registered to the OBi?  I don't know how the Cisco phone indicates that.

Yes, you need an analogue phone to do the **5 xxxx procedure.

What are you trying to achieve?  Why do you want to link the 202 and the IP phone?

LTN1

I think what he is trying to achieve is to use his IP phones with the OBi, in order to use the SPs on there like Google Voice.

It is a complicated way of doing so. As an example only (and not to market anything), there are powerful PBX devices out there (for very reasonable prices) that will seamlessly allow the integration of the OBi device while allowing IP phones to easily be used with it. See http://www.ebay.com/itm/122080424204?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Torress

I am almost done! I got analogue phone to just add the OBI202 device to  dashboard and it is connected to GV. I plugged the analogue phone while I was configuring the settings. It works now. I then unplugged the analogue from the phone jacks to just use IP phone. I can make outgoing calls now! But It doesnt ring on incoming calls. If I plug the analogue phone it rings. So How can i configure the SPA504G IP phone to receive incoming calls ?

Thanks for all replies and helps I really appreciated!

azrobert

Assuming your provider is on SP1, your Proxy is on SP4 and the IP phone's UserID is 1001.
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp4(1001@local_client)

drgeoff

Azrobert has answered while I've been outside with hammer and cold chisel on a row of bricks in danger of falling off a garden wall.

As per the middle of the 'Creating our call routes' page, do the appropriate version of SP1/X_InboundCallRoute = {ph,ph2,sp4(1001)}

Torress

Thanks guys! I solved the incoming call problem. I also tested the voicemail function. When someone leaves a voicemail it doesnt show on the phone that i do have a voicemail. Pressing the voicemail button says I have a voicemail from "Unknown Caller" but when i look on my GV screen I see the number. Any idea ?

azrobert

Quote from: drgeoff on August 12, 2016, 09:58:12 AM
do the appropriate version of SP1/X_InboundCallRoute = {ph,ph2,sp4(1001)}

I never tried the "sp4(1001)" format and don't feel like testing it. Will it pass CallerID?

drgeoff

Quote from: Torress on August 12, 2016, 10:12:17 AM
Thanks guys! I solved the incoming call problem. I also tested the voicemail function. When someone leaves a voicemail it doesnt show on the phone that i do have a voicemail. Pressing the voicemail button says I have a voicemail from "Unknown Caller" but when i look on my GV screen I see the number. Any idea ?
I believe the  OBi & GV combination has not supported Message Waiting Indication since mid 2014. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to be reinstated.

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on August 12, 2016, 10:18:55 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on August 12, 2016, 09:58:12 AM
do the appropriate version of SP1/X_InboundCallRoute = {ph,ph2,sp4(1001)}

I never tried the "sp4(1001)" format and don't feel like testing it. Will it pass CallerID?
I'm only quoting what is in the tutorial. I have not tried it either and am currently not sufficiently motivated to do so.  :(

Torress

So you are saying there is no way I can setup the Voicemail on IP Phone ? Actually it doesnt say there is new voicemails on the phone but when I press I can listen the voicemails. How can i forward calls to another number if I am not in the office ? Thanks!

drgeoff

Quote from: Torress on August 12, 2016, 12:43:18 PM
So you are saying there is no way I can setup the Voicemail on IP Phone ? Actually it doesnt say there is new voicemails on the phone but when I press I can listen the voicemails. How can i forward calls to another number if I am not in the office ? Thanks!
No, I am saying that GV voicemail cannot notify the 202 (and the Cisco phone) of new messages.

Incoming calls to your GV number can be forwarded to up to 6 numbers simultaneously.  The 'Google Chat' destination (which goes to the 202 and Cisco) counts as one of those six.

Torress

Quote from: drgeoff on August 12, 2016, 03:11:37 PM
Quote from: Torress on August 12, 2016, 12:43:18 PM
No, I am saying that GV voicemail cannot notify the 202 (and the Cisco phone) of new messages.

Incoming calls to your GV number can be forwarded to up to 6 numbers simultaneously.  The 'Google Chat' destination (which goes to the 202 and Cisco) counts as one of those six.

Thank you for the support! How can I forward the GV number to my cell-phone ?

drgeoff

Same GV page where you enabled GV to ring your OBi/Cisco.