News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot access web interface after update

Started by jrad232, August 16, 2016, 08:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrad232

I was getting the old firmware notice and followed the instructions to update the firmware to lastest that is linked in the forums. Now I'm having trouble access the web management page. When I go to the ip address I can log in as admin but I just get a blank page that says Obihai in the upper left corner (no matter what browser or device I use). I deleted the device from my Obihai account online, but now cannot add it back. Echo test call works from the device and it shows green lights. I've tried a reset with the button located on the device. Not sure what to try now...

bitstopjoe

Quote from: jrad232 on August 16, 2016, 08:15:37 AM
I was getting the old firmware notice and followed the instructions to update the firmware to lastest that is linked in the forums. Now I'm having trouble access the web management page. When I go to the ip address I can log in as admin but I just get a blank page that says Obihai in the upper left corner (no matter what browser or device I use). I deleted the device from my Obihai account online, but now cannot add it back. Echo test call works from the device and it shows green lights. I've tried a reset with the button located on the device. Not sure what to try now...

Maybe try deleting your cookies or clearing the cache?  SOMETIMES a bad or old cookie can hose you. Worth a shot..

Joe Sica

drgeoff

Adding a device to the portal is not dependent on being able to access the device's web interface.  So  if the inability to do the latter was only a browser issue, fixing that would not of itself restore the ability to do the former.

Are you sure you are doing the reset properly?  It is in one of the FAQs.

And check what IP address your router has assigned to the OBi.

jrad232

Ok. I read through the reset process thoroughly and am confident that I have tried it correctly. I did it multiple times. It resets I get green lights. I am able to login with the default password when I enter the ip address into my browser but when I log in there is only the obitalk logo/link in the corner and no other information (I've tried clearing browser data, other browsers and other computers so it isn't that). I can successfully do the echo test call. If I try to add the device to my account via **5 number I just hear some clicks and nothing happens. If I dial ***8 or even ***1 I get a no service configured error playback on the line. Any other ideas of what I could try? Thank you.

SteveInWA

Which model OBi is this?  Which firmware file did you use to update it?  If this is an OBi 100 or 110, is the left-most LED alternating red and green?

It sounds bricked to me, but if it isn't blinking red/green, then you could try taking it to a friend, relative or neighbor's home, plug it into their router or switch, and see if the symptom changes.  Also try swapping out the Ethernet cable, just for the heck of it, and make sure it is securely seated in the jacks at both ends.

If you can't get it to speak the IP address when pressing ***1, after trying it with another network, then it's likely dead, or at least, has corrupted firmware.

jrad232

It is an Obi100. I used OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw to update. The left most light (power) is solid green the internet one is blinking green and the phone one is off. I tried a different ethernet cable.