News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Disabling Obi Auto Attendant?

Started by ElInObiForum, August 17, 2016, 03:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElInObiForum

I have a couple of ObiHai 202 with a very simple configuration:
- no service providers, I am just using Obi-to-Obi calls.
- no Trusted List, it's empty since I don't need that.
- Both OniHai 202 and Softphone in the Speed Dial list.

Again, NO SERVICE PROVIDERS. NO TRUSTED LIST. I am stressing it because other people seems to ask similar questions and the responses immediately start to talk about service providers and trusted lists. No, there is none. Also, I DO NOT have "All incoming calls to Auto Attendant" in the configuration and I don't have "X_InboundCallRoute" anywhere I can get from the Dashboard. Reminder: no service providers at all.

Still, when I call from one ObiHay202 to another, I hit Obi AutoAttendant, which forces me to press 1 to actually call. How do I make it shut up and just do the call? If it's unclear, how I can get a call without listening to Auto Attendant?

Let me explain why is it important. One of the boxes goes to my dad. He is 90+ years old. I want him to be able to call me using a very simple way he knows well from the precomputing era:
1. Press ON button.
2. Dial 3#

Obi Auto Attendant, popping up after that, adds two extra steps for him:
3. Wait until that stupid thing starts blubbering something.
4. Press 1.
This is simply makes it much harder for him.

I am not new to software development and I've seen tons of annoyances and stupid things in the software design, so I could live with that without a frown, but he is 90+ years old, that's hard for him.

ianobi

If both of your 202s are in the same account, then the OBiTALK portal assumes that they should both be in each others' "Circle of Trust". Confusingly, this will not show up in the Circle of Trust section on your Dashboard. That only shows other OBi devices that you have allowed into your Circle of Trust that are not in your account.

To resolve your problem set this in both OBi202s:

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute: ph

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.

ElInObiForum

Thank you! I will verify it in the evening. I have not thought of using the expert mode, it looked to me like a link to just one more service.

So, basically, I replace
  {(<numbers>)>(xx.):LI},{(<numbers>):aa},{ph}
with
  ph
?

Is there a document describing the syntax of this line and all those LI, aa, ph...?

ianobi

QuoteSo, basically, I replace
 {(<numbers>)>(xx.):LI},{(<numbers>):aa},{ph}
with
 ph

Yes. ph or {ph}. If there's only one rule then the {} are optional.

Large and confusing document:
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

More expert info on routing calls generally:
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi-DigitMapCallRoute-Tutorial-v1-1.pdf

On the Dashboard page under "Support" there is a selection of documents. To be honest, you are more likely to get useful answers in this forum.

The search function here is not very good. I suggest using Google with the following format:
site:obitalk.com "Search Key Words"

Edit: Don't worry if you see red ! exclamation marks after you have made the changes. They are not a problem - I have lots of them   :)

ElInObiForum

Thank you, very much! Confirming: everything works as expected.

Hope this thread will become a reference for those following my steps :-)