News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No response durning the "sending to the server" OBi202 not added

Started by videobruce, August 31, 2016, 08:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

videobruce

I'm up to the 'add an OBi device', but after two tries, the calls gets disconnected before the timeout with nothing added. All I have is a 'softphone' in my device list. The echo test does work.

The 3rd time I received this:
"Firmware upgrade needed.
Cannot upgrade 500177xxx since it is offline. Please try again when it is online." That is the correct number of my OBi202 (last three I blanked out), so the system did see the device.

After I saw that message, the ATA apparently rebooted three cycles. The pwr light went out, came back, both line ports flashed (only one phone connected) during these reboots (or whatever it was doing).

I previously setup up for a Google phone number. I haven't tried to access the ATA yet.
The ATA feed comes off of a router and nothing other than a single phone is connected (the LAN port is not used). No firewalls!!

I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !

dircom

Obitalk does not seem to be functioning properly today.
Try later on or tomorrow.

you can update the firmware manually.

videobruce

This doesn't sound very promising.  :'(

Ok, back online.
I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !

dircom

hmm, I tried to add an Obi 110 I haven't been using, I wanted to update it and test before I sold it

I manually updated the firmware
reset the device
added to obitalk
It shows grayed out, but I can use the obitalk network, and add a non GV service provider

BUT, get this error msg when trying to add a GV #
"Your device may have outdated, old software which no longer complies with Google Voice security requirements."