News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cordless Phone Set-up

Started by Geree, September 06, 2016, 06:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geree

Is there a specific software configuration needed for the Obi202 to support a multi-handset cordless system? The handset in my base station works fine.  The other 2 handsets do not get dial tone and the display goes blank as soon as I press a button on the handset.  The batteries are fully charged. It is a Panasonic DECT 6.0 System. It worked on my landline. The base station is plugged in to Phone Port 1.

dircom

There is no special thing you have to do to the Obi, when plugging in a cordless phone.

If they display goes blank immediately after pushing a button on one of your cordless phones, I suspect the batteries are old, and won't hold a charge.

LTN1

If you have a landline or can borrow a landline to test, try hooking your base and corresponding handsets to that to confirm that you have an issue with your multi-handset system. Otherwise, as dircom stated, it should just work.

drgeoff

DECT handsets need to be registered to the base station and won't give a dial tone if they aren't. However, if they worked previously they must have been registered and invariably require a manual procedure to deregister them. Dead batteries should not cause them to become deregistered.

The display going blank does suggest that the batteries are duff. If they are AA or AAA size you can insert ordinary alkaline types for testing purposes but do NOT put the handset into the charging cradle until you have changed back to rechargeables.

As far as the OBi is concerned it is unaware of the multi-handset nature of the phone and has nothing that needs to be configured because of it.

Geree

Thank you.  I put regular alkaline batteries in one of the handsets and it worked.  I have ordered the AAA rechargeable batteries.