News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

TIP-Ring Voltage Polarity

Started by Billy2Hats, July 16, 2011, 10:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billy2Hats

In my Web UI the default setting for Idle is Forward and Connect is Reverse.
However in the Obitalk internet portal the default settings are both Forward.

I understand the Obitalk Expert overrides the web browser UI and I note in some other settings it's set to auto detect. But which is correct?

The reason I'm asking is when we receive an incoming call with either the AA on or off (using the Obitalk Device Configuration page) the caller hears a loud squelching noise. This drowns out the AA message until it gets to option 3 when you can then tell there is a voice. By the time the AA repeats it's message it's all clear, (except for an echo which I have mention in an existing thread).

I don't like to just change these settings without knowing what I'm doing. The only changes I've made since receiving the Obi110 4 days ago, is to change to the Australian Configuration (as per the sticky), set up two existing SIP accounts and update the firmware. I do not have any DID's to check the SIP accounts for incoming calls, but they stay registered and work fine for outgoing calls.