News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202: CallerIDName not showing up on outbound calls frop VoIP.ms

Started by ventard, September 10, 2016, 08:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ventard

It's my first new topic on the OBItalk forum. :)
I am struggling to have my name show up on outbound calls.  So far it just shows the caller phone number, not it's name.

I have set the Caller ID name information under the SP service I am using at these two entries in the OBi202 local webpage:
a) ServiceProviders>ITSP profile A>General> Name and ...
b) Voice Services>SP1 service>CallerIDName

The string I put in is just plain alphanumeric.

However according to all the tests I've made sofar, it appears that information is not being sent to the ITSP service (VoIP.ms) in the call request.

My firmware appears to be current: firmware version is: 3.1.0 (Build: 5264).

Anyone can help ?

Taoman

You failed to include the most important piece of information. Are you calling Canadian or U.S. numbers?

https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Caller_ID#Outgoing_Caller_ID_name

Taoman

Sounds like you're using the correct method. Hopefully a Canadian who uses VoIP.ms will chime in. A lot of people report success in doing this with VoIP.ms lines calling Canadian numbers.

ventard

You are 100% right Taoman!
The mistake was mine:  my test calls were done outbound towards a cell phone that had NO CID service paid for.
Thus it was normal then that only the caller number showed on the cell display.

In the meantime, I tested again outbound calling towards another VoIP # that has the CID service included and bingo ! my CallerIDName showed up. :) :)

So ... issue solved without any fault for Obi202 nor VoIP.ms.