News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help understanding default DigitMaps

Started by tre1, September 12, 2016, 07:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tre1

Hello,
I am trying to understand the default digitmap comes with the Obi110. I tried to go follow the tutorial posted in Obitalk website, but still have some difficulty in understanding them. This is what I see in my device for Phone Port:

PhonePort DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

I can understand some parts of the map, such as match "911", match "**1" with sp1 digitmap etc. However, the rules in the first part of the map namely "[1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|" is not clear to me. Can someone help me with the interpretation of individual rules?

Thank you

azrobert

[1-9]S9  This will match a single digit speed dial 1 thru 9
[1-9][0-9]S9 This will match a 2 digit speed dial 10 thru 99
The S9 is a 9 second delay. If you are having a heart attack and trying to dial 911, this hopefully will prevent the OBi from routing the call prematurely. I believe you have a phone where you dial the number then press Send, so you don't need this delay.

[1-9]x?*(Mpli) This is used to validate a number routing a call over the OBiTalk network to another OBi device.

The format of the number is:
OBi Number of the receiving OBi followed by an Asterisk and the outbound number

The above rule uses a different format where [1-9]x? points to a speed dial which contains the OBi number
The speed dial will be defined as PP(200123456)

The ? makes the previous digit optional, so [1-9]x? will match 1 thru 9 or 10 thru 99

tre1