News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 202 France callerID (Ring Pattern 1) [SOLVED]

Started by berVOIP, September 16, 2016, 08:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berVOIP

hello, I'm trying to get Caller ID to work on a French SIP provider (OVH) with a french Cordless phone bought in France
I'm able to get it working on a PAP2T with Ring1 Cadence (in regional) setup as : 2.25(.25/1.6);60(2/3.5)

on the OBI202 (ring settings / ring profile A / RingPattern) , I've tried :
2.25(.25/1.6);60(2/3.5) (linksys syntax) : only gets the callerID then hangs up on remote caller
2.25(.25+1.6);60(2+3.5) (OBIHAI syntax) : only gets the callerID then hangs up on remote caller
60(2+3.5) : only gets the ring, no callerID.

Could someone confirm that the OBI202 can or cannot "Handle" this bizarre-double ring cadence we have here in France to get Caller ID working ?

more info on french CallerID : http://what-when-how.com/voip/fsk-caller-id-on-pstn-voip/

p.s : I'd prefer to use the OBI for reliability, sound quality and the fact that I can have multiple voip providers but only 1 connected phone on the ATA.

Thanks
ber

azrobert

Try:
2.25(.25+2);60(2+3.5)

Here is my logic:
It seems like the short ring indicates the cid is being transmitted. Your pattern repeats .25+1.6 for 2.25 seconds producing a 2nd short ring. Maybe the 2nd short ring is causing the problem. This doesn't explain why the PAP2 works.

berVOIP

Hi azrobert and first, thanks for taking some of your time on reading and replying to my thread ;-)

QuoteTry: 2.25(.25+2);60(2+3.5)

I just tried this and I get the same result, when receiving a call, the number shows on the display and the line hangs...

What I think is hapenning is that the OBI does not like/bugs when there's such a pattern with 2 cadence durations.
The PAPT2 must be able to deal with it.
From what I understand/have read (I'm not a VOIP/Telecom expert) it's during the "short ring" that the CallerID is transmitted in France.
QuoteData Transmission After Alert but Before Actual First Ring
If you have any other idea, let me know, I'll continue to dig/test on my side also.

azrobert

It's a syntax problem that I didn't catch. You need the total time in the pattern. I just tested this and without the total time the call ended after the 1st pattern completed and kept ringing when the total time was included. Try the following:

62.5;2.25(.25+2);60(2+3.5)

berVOIP

QuoteIt's a syntax problem
Quote62.5;2.25(.25+2);60(2+3.5)

That was it ! Thanks a LOT !

Even if I had the admin guide open on the ring patterns page, I am not an Expert like you and could not get the syntax right for my special-double-french ring pattern.

Once again, thanks for your help and have a great Week-End.
Best
Bertrand