News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

HELP! OBI200 with GV - Hearing myself back and not the other party

Started by azeemguy, September 21, 2016, 07:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azeemguy

I need some help that is driving me crazy.

I had a USA GV number and that I had it configured with my OBI200 which was installed at my parents in Saudi Arabia. It was connected via following way :

Thompson Modem (Wifi enabled) -> Linksys WRT54GL as wifi repeater bridge -> OBI200 connected physically to it.

It was working beautifully until few days ago. Now whenever a call has been made (sending or receiving) both sides can only hear them self back and not the other party. It is very bizarre.

I have tried following so far :
- Updated the FW on OBI200 to 3.1.0 (Build: 5264).
- Reset OBI200 to factory defaults, re-added the device, redid GV setup. It did say backing out and one point but it connected soon after.
- Connected OBI200 directly to the modem.
- Enabled full duplex on OBI200.

No matter what I do, it has been the same result. Whenever call is made, it rings on other end but when answered, both parties can only hear them self back and not the other party.

HELP PLEASE !!!

SteveInWA

Calling via Google Voice is not supported at all in Saudi Arabia.  I don't know why it worked for you in the past, but there is no expectation that it will work now or in the future.

See:  https://support.google.com/hangouts/answer/3205646?visit_id=1-636101118613100708-1733430355&hl=en&rd=2

azeemguy

I know what you mean but I have been using it for a while.

I am also successfully able to make and receive calls via hangouts dialer from a PC on the same network.

For some weird reason, the OBI200 is not making/receiving calls. Also, I signed up for a Callcentric account. I am able to make/receive calls via Zoiper dialer on android on it but when I try to add the account in OBI200, it says that registration failed: no response from server. Annoying !

Any help ?

axalam9

the same exact thing is happening to me! I have configured the obihai200 for my parents in Saudi Arabia and it has been working amazing since the past 1 year. But since the last week-10 days, it completely stopped working. I can make calls and they can make calls to me but we can't hear each other and only hear ourselves. The voice keeps reflecting.

I am not sure what to do! Can anyone advice!

azeemguy

That's not good then. It looks like something changed/affected on OBI side as GV and CallCentric seem to work ok from PC/Android on the same network.

hmmmm