News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Random Disconnects on Obi 202

Started by rl4265, September 22, 2016, 04:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rl4265

I have two ObiHai 202's.  One connects to PhonePower and the other to Google Voice.  For the past few days I've been getting random disconnects.  It acts like there might be an audio decoder that's picking up part of my voice and disconnecting.  This appears to happen on both incoming and outgoing calls.

Anyone have any ideas?  ( I saw another post that was about a year old mentioning this problem, but didn't see any replies.)  My ISP is the cable company and I have 50-60 Mbit downloads.

SteveInWA

To be clear:  you have two different OBi 202 boxes.  Each one has the ability to support up to four different service providers.  Are you using Phonepower on one box, and Google Voice on the other box?  Or, are you using both services on both boxes, or what?

Are the calls getting disconnected on both boxes, regardless of whether the calls are carried over PhonePower or over Google Voice?

If both boxes fail, and/or both service providers fail, then your own LAN/Router/ISP are causing the issue.

Be more detailed in your reply if you would like help.