News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

URGENT - Auto attendant call back feature

Started by adler1, September 27, 2016, 09:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adler1

Hi,

The background: I have two lines on my obi100 device. Line 1 i use for canadian calls and have programmed it so that if I dial any local area code, it uses this line. Line 2 is unlimited north america with an american area code and it defaults to this if it does not recognize the area code.

Question: My wife and I have two Canadian cell phones without data and want to use the "line 2" as a callback to our cell phones in order to be able to place international calls for free while we are out. I have searched through the form and have tried various tricks and have been unsuccessful. Your help would be greatly appreciated! Please also list the steps in order to do so.

Thank You!

ianobi

Keep in mind that the Auto Attendant is a separate entity. Just like the Phone Port it has its own Primary Line, DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute. These need to be correct for the calls that you intend to use it for. The AA "call-back" does depend on your OBi device receiving CallerID from the cell phone making the original call.

The service you use for the call-back call does not have to be the same service you use for the resulting outgoing international call.

Let's say that your two cell phone numbers are 12222222222 and 13333333333. Put the following rule at the beginning of your SP2 InboundCallRoute:

Voice Services > SP2 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{(12222222222|13333333333):aa($1)},{ ... existing rules here ...

It says if 12222222222 or 13333333333 calls, the call is routed to AA.

If caller hangs up before the AA answers, the AA calls the number represented by $1, which is the incoming callers CallerID. In this case the AA will call-back using its Primary Line. You may wish this to be your Canadian local service on SP1, so leaving the SP2 service free for placing the international call.

You can force the AA to use a service that is not its Primary Line by using a rule such as this:

{(<**2>(12222222222|13333333333)):aa($1)},{ ... existing rules here ...

This would route the call-back call via the SP2 Service.

If there is doubt about matching the incoming call CallerID, you can specify to say match the last nine digits of the incoming CallerID using a rule such as this:

{(x.222222222|x.333333333):aa($1)},{ ... existing rules here ...

This can be useful particularly when matching calls coming in via international routes where the exact number format might not be known. Look at Call History via the OBi's local ip address page to see the exact format of incoming CallerIDs.

The method detailed in this post instigates a call-back from the AA without the original call being answered, so that call should not be charged for. There is another method by using AA Option 3, but this requires the original call to be answered, so incurring a charge.

adler1

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have tried your first method and it works, in that when i call, it generates auto attendant (after 2 rings). When I call from my cell phone, it gives me the following options:
Press:
1 to continue call
2 to make a new call
3 to enter a call back number.

when I press 2 to enter a new call, it says please wait while I dial the new number, dials the new number, and then hangs up on both my cell phone and then the other number once the other number is picked up.

I do not want to connect my cell phone call to my sp1/sp2 but rather another number (like I would with a calling card). Is this possible, and how would I do it exactly? Sorry for the noob question.

Thanks!

ianobi

QuoteThanks for your quick reply. I have tried your first method and it works, in that when i call, it generates auto attendant (after 2 rings).

The idea of this method is that you hang up before AA answers. Then, within 10 seconds, AA will call your cellphone and offer you the usual 3 options. You then dial the required number, which will be routed according to the AA DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute. If the call is successful, then the AA will have made two calls - one to your cell phone and one to the number you dialled and then bridged the calls together, so using only the services on your OBi100 and not your cell phone account.

Quotewhen I press 2 to enter a new call, it dials the new number and then hangs up on both my cell phone and the other number once the other number is picked up.

This may be because you AA DigitMap / OutboundCallRoute are not set correctly for the calls you are trying to make.

To see what routing was attempted after the call check call routings by looking in Status > Call History. This is only available via the local web page. Dial ***4 for the ip address, default username and password are both "admin".

adler1

I am not at home now, but will update the routing error once i get home.

As for the DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute, they are both set to default.

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

and

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Anything else you can suggest?

ianobi

The AA is making both the call back to your cell phone and the onward call to the required number using its Primary Line. You may wish to change the AA Primary Line to SP2 Service, so that it automatically uses that service to make the onward call. If you do that, then to get the AA to make the call-back call to your cell phone using SP1, you will have to use this rule:

{(<**1>(12222222222|13333333333)):aa($1)},{ ... existing rules here ...

If you prefer, then you could just as easily use the SP1 number for this initial "trigger call". Effectively, all this initial call (where you hang up before AA answers) is doing is leaving an instruction for what the AA should do next. This would work just as well:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{(<**1>(12222222222|13333333333)):aa($1)},{ ... existing rules here ...

adler1

I still have not gotten this issue resolved. I am now trying it now on an obi 110 with only sp1 in use (phonepower) and all other configurations as default.

I have looked at the call history as suggested and found the following:

My cell:
Call transferred

16:30:30 Transfer to SP1(Phone number) State=peer ringing, Bridge = 0,Ref=41885
16:30:31 End Call

The other line:
New Peer: SP1(caller id info)
Transfer Target, Bridge=0, Triggered by Ref:41885
End Call

----------------------
Not sure if this helps you figure out what's going wrong.

Thanks for your help thus far.

ianobi

Please detail what you find at each step:

1. Call from cell phone to sp1 number, hang up before answer.

2. AA calls back to cell phone using sp1 and offers Options 1,2 & 3.

3. You select Option 2 and input the required digits for the new call.

4. Call established from cell phone to new number.

I have simulated your situation. However, my Obi110 is in use doing weird stuff that is nowhere near normal enough to be used for this. I have used my OBi1032 instead, so the Call History looks a bit different, but all the steps are the same and AA works the same. Unfortunately, the OBi1032 Call History does not show seconds, so making each step a little more difficult to follow.

I have annotated the Call History jpg - the blue notes all happen before the red notes. The first call is at the bottom of the jpg. 10000 is the test number I used for the called number.

When the final call is established there are two calls ongoing both from the AA via sp1 - one to the cell phone and one to the called number. The service provider on sp1 needs to be able to handle two calls at the same time - most voip providers can do this.

Before you test again, check that the AA has the correct DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute to make the call. Do this by dialling **0 from the phone connected to the OBi110. This will give you the AA, then select Option 2 and make the call.