News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 and Freephoneline | phone doesn't ring on incoming calls

Started by andyha, September 30, 2016, 03:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyha

Hello, I upgraded one of my Obi110s to a new Obi200. I use Freephoneline in Canada.

I configured it with the existing Freephoneline option in the setup. It worked great for a while. Now the phone won't ring on incoming calls. It doesn't go straight to voicemail though, I have that set to 5 rings on the FPL website. It takes a while before the voicemail comes on, so it looks like it's getting through, but the phone doesn't ring.

I've deleted the device and started from scratch, several times but the same thing keeps happening. It's driving me nuts! I'm thinking about returning the Obi200 and hooking my 110 backup . I had ZERO problems with the 110 for many years...

Any ideas anyone?

Mango

Use your cell phone to make a test call to your FreePhoneLine number.  While your cell is ringing, navigate to your OBi's Status >> PHONE & LINE Status.

Check Phone Port Status State and see if it is Ringing or On Hook.  This will tell us where to troubleshoot next.

andyha

Thanks for your replies and sorry for the delay in mine. I think I have it sorted. It seems my obi200 doesn't like voip.freephoneline.ca. Since I set it to voip2.freephoneline.ca all is well. It stays registered and the phone now rings. I did change a bunch of other setting as well,
RegistrationPeriod which I changed from 60 to 3600.

I enabled X_KeepAliveEnable and set

X_KeepAliveExpires from 15 to 20.

but I think changing to voip2.freephoneline.ca has done the trick. Hope that can help someone else.

Again, thanks for the help. cheers
Andy

Mango

If your RegistrationPeriod was 60, that would explain it.  That probably got you temporarily banned from voip.freephoneline.ca.  Now that you have a long RegistrationPeriod, you can switch back to voip if you ever wish to.

FTR, the official configuration guide is here: http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16090

andyha