News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Panasonic cordless phone KX-TGA470 not working with new Obi200

Started by kksimon25, October 03, 2016, 04:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kksimon25

Just got my Obi200 and set it up.  Using Google Voice.  I have an old fashioned phone that can connect and it makes outgoing calls just fine.  When I connect the base unit of my panasonic cordless system and try to make a call with it, the handset says "busy" and I can't get a dial tone.  Thanks in advance to the experts on this forum!

drgeoff

A KX-TGA470 is an additional handset for use with several base station models.  Which base station do you have?

LeoKing

Quote from: kksimon25 on October 03, 2016, 04:33:31 PM
Just got my Obi200 and set it up.  Using Google Voice.  I have an old fashioned phone that can connect and it makes outgoing calls just fine.  When I connect the base unit of my panasonic cordless system and try to make a call with it, the handset says "busy" and I can't get a dial tone.  Thanks in advance to the experts on this forum!

You will need to turn off the "Cellular line only mode" option on the Panasonic. Check the manual to see how to enable/disable this option. I have several Panasonic Link2Cell DECT 6.0 phones but not the model you have.

Edit: On my Panasonic phones, this option is Menu #157

kksimon25

Link to cell was the ticket!  Thanks so much.  Forgot that I had turned that on in the time before I ordered the ibi.