News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Add OBi device to OBi dashboard via IP phone?

Started by hiops, September 30, 2016, 10:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hiops

I have a dummy trunk on SP2 which works as expected when connected from the IP phone.

However, I don't know what to put in the X_InboundCallRoute field so that I can enter the OBiTALK **5 xxxx code to add the device to OBi's dashboard.

I've tried putting nearly all the trunks that come with the device into the field but it doesn't connect to OBi's service.

Any help appreciated since I unfortunately don't have an analog phone lying around to register the device. Odd, I know.

drgeoff

AFAIK what you are trying to do is not possible. Get a POTS phone - the cheapest,  most basic will suffice. Maybe you know someone who can lend you one.

hiops

Is this intentionally designed so in order to prevent the OBi from being activated remotely?

SteveInWA

Quote from: hiops on October 01, 2016, 12:46:53 PM
Is this intentionally designed so in order to prevent the OBi from being activated remotely?

The requirement to be able to negotiate the **5xxxx sequence is to limit the possibility of attaching a device to the portal if you're not in control of it.

Just get any analog phone and get on with it.