News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Speed Dial while in a call

Started by emmis, October 10, 2016, 12:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emmis

I remember reading a post where you could forward an existing call to a speed dial number.  The reason I want to do this is to send any telemarketers to a number of my choosing..  Lenny comes to mind.

What is the key sequence to do this while in a call?

drgeoff

It's something along the lines of a hook flash to give you dial tone.  You dial the speed dial and hang up when ringing or answered.

Go to http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide and search for 'TransferWhenHolding' to read about transferring to a fixed pre-configured number.

emmis

ok, that was interesting but not sure it is what I am looking for.  Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the "TransferWhenHolding" feature requires you to hard code the number in the obi config?

I am looking for a way to hot flash it over to a speed dial number of my choosing, each call.  It could be a different number depending on the audience..

Any thoughts there?

drgeoff

Quote from: emmis on October 10, 2016, 08:44:00 PM
ok, that was interesting but not sure it is what I am looking for.  Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the "TransferWhenHolding" feature requires you to hard code the number in the obi config?

I am looking for a way to hot flash it over to a speed dial number of my choosing, each call.  It could be a different number depending on the audience..

Any thoughts there?
Re-read the first paragraph of my earlier reply.