News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trying to setup new phone. Can't add my Obi device to profile. Help.

Started by Mugsy, October 12, 2016, 12:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugsy

I just received my new Obi302 device over the weekend. It is configured & working.

But for some reason, I can not add my new Obi device to my Profile. The site tells me to dial a number starting with "**5" followed by a 4-digit code and I hear a message saying the code was "sent to the server", but the site times out after a few seconds saying it "failed" to add my device:

Failed to add device: This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!

"Another service provider"? I received an email from Obi instructing me to come to this site "to configure my VoIP services".

Does anyone know what is going on? Thx.

drgeoff

"Failed to add device: This device is customized for another service provider and cannot be added to your account!" explains it all.

Obi302s are normally supplied via Internet Telephony Service Providers who provide them to their customers to use with that ITSP's service.  How did you obtain your OBi302?

NoelB

Quote from: drgeoff on October 12, 2016, 12:51:22 PM

Obi302s are normally supplied via Internet Telephony Service Providers who provide them to their customers to use with that ITSP's service.  How did you obtain your OBi302?

From what I have seen OBI302's can be bought outright in some places where OBI202's are unavailable (eg AU) . I think this must be to prevent the use of GV which is not available on the 302 in AU. I dont know if this also prevents access to the obitalk dashboard or whether some 302's are different to others.

SteveInWA

Quote from: NoelB on October 12, 2016, 11:08:25 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on October 12, 2016, 12:51:22 PM

From what I have seen OBI302's can be bought outright in some places where OBI202's are unavailable (eg AU) . I think this must be to prevent the use of GV which is not available on the 302 in AU. I dont know if this also prevents access to the obitalk dashboard or whether some 302's are different to others.

While that may be the case, the OP's OBi was not purchased at retail, and it is carrier-locked.

Betta

I used these instructions:

OBi302 Note: To access the integral web page via the WAN port, you may need to enable WAN access.  To do this, from the connected phone dial ***0.  Next, enter 30# - Press 1 to enter a new value - Press 1# to enable - Press 1 to save.

from https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

Then I copied my settings from a Obi100 device that was setup for Asterisk. I was then able to use Obi302 with Asterisk. This method may allow you to use the device with other carriers too. The tricky part was getting the management webpage. Thanks to ShermanObi.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Betta on April 22, 2018, 08:36:19 AM
I used these instructions:

OBi302 Note: To access the integral web page via the WAN port, you may need to enable WAN access.  To do this, from the connected phone dial ***0.  Next, enter 30# - Press 1 to enter a new value - Press 1# to enable - Press 1 to save.

from https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

Then I copied my settings from a Obi100 device that was setup for Asterisk. I was then able to use Obi302 with Asterisk. This method may allow you to use the device with other carriers too. The tricky part was getting the management webpage. Thanks to ShermanObi.

Irrelevant Spam.