News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forwarding setup from provider side not working on OBi110

Started by Waqas, October 13, 2016, 03:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waqas

Hi,

I have configured OBi110 to act as a gateway for my FreePBX system. After few hours of messing around i have got my calls working inbound and outbound with some delays which i have found is normal with these gateway. Now my main problem is that I have arrangement with my pstn provider in the U.K i.e. if someone calls my number and i am on another call, the call diverts to my mobile phone.

Call divert works fine if i am using analogue phone  but if i connect my line to OBi110, second caller is getting congestion tone.

Can someone shed any light on it as i am not sure why it is not working

Best Regards,
Waqas

drgeoff

More details required of the circumstances that give the congestion tone.

Which of your PSTN provider, the OBi110 or FreePBX is giving the tone?

Your PSTN provider should not be able to distinguish between an analogue phone off-hook and the LINE port of an OBi110 off-hook.

Is the congestion tone when you are using the 110/PBX for a non-PSTN call? A VoIP trunk call or to another extension?

Your 110/PBX is probably answering the PSTN call and then finds your handset is off-hook and thus returns congestion tone.

Waqas

Sorry about limited info in my first email so let me try to explain what i am going exactly.

FreePBX connected to IP Phones
OBi110 only connected to  Analogue line provided by Talktalk
I have also got call forwarding enabled with talktalk so that if I am on a call then It diverts to my mobile number.
There is no SIP provider involved in this.

So call comes in on my Talktalk pstn line, I answer the call on my IP Phones and start talking to the person calling me.
Now in the mean time, if another call comes in on my talktalk line, the call should get forwarded to my mobile number. This call forwarding feature is enabled by TalkTalk and nothing to do with Obihai box i.e. when talktalk see the line as busy , call is automatically forwarded to my mobile number.

Now the issue is if I connect my line to standard analogue line and try above scenario i.e one call on the go and another call comes in then call do get forwarded to my mobile phone but when I connect the line to Obi110 , second caller gets a busy back. I have enabled Syslog on Obihai and cannot see the second call hitting it but can't understand why it is working on Standard analogue phone but not when connected to Obi110.

Does that make sense at all ?

drgeoff

Quote from: Waqas on October 13, 2016, 01:25:58 PM
Does that make sense at all ?
Yes and no. :)

Yes, I understand what you have written.  No, it does not make technical sense.  It should not be happening.  Your OBi and your phone line can only support one call at a time so there is no way that your local equipment is generating the busy tone to the second caller.  That can only be coming from Talktalk.

Some tests might shed some light.

1.  Some OBi110s contain a relay which, when the OBi110 is not powered, connects the centre two contacts of the LINE port to the centre two pins of the PHONE port.  If you hear a mechanical click from your 110 when you software reboot it you probably have such a 110.  You can confirm it by unpowering the 110 and taking its attached phone off-hook.  If you hear dial-tone it is coming from Talktalk through that relay.

If you do have such a 110 try unpowering it and repeating your two call test.  Clearly that should work properly, just as when the phone is connected directly to the Talktalk line.

2.  If you have a second analogue phone and a line doubler, use them to have both the (powered) 110 (with its phone) and the second phone in parallel on the Talktalk line.  (Not the two phones on the PHONE jack of the 110.)  Make the first call and answer on the phone plugged in to the 110, then take the second phone off-hook so that both phones are active.  Then make the second call.  What happens? Divert or busy tone?

3.  Revert to just the powered Obi110 and its attached phone.  If you have not already done so, change the default 600 ohm ACImpedance of the LINE port to the UK value 370 + (620||310nF) and repeat your two call test.  That should not change things, but you never know.

A further thought is that as you are in the UK you are probably using adaptors or cables to connect the RJ45 sockets on the OBi to UK type socket on the Talktalk line.  Check that those are correctly wired - the centre 2 wires of the RJ45 should go to 2 and 5 of the UK plug/socket.

And if still not getting anywhere, does your phone line master socket have a test jack where you can connect the OBi110 directly to the copper pair without going through any xDSL splitter?