News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi to Obi stopped working

Started by nedsobi110, October 15, 2016, 09:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedsobi110

My Obi 110 works okay for regular calls but when I try to call another Obi user direct using their Obi number I get the error - "rejected by the service provider - reason 404"

the same thing happens if another user tries to call me.

is this part of the new cruelty?

drgeoff

As I type this my better half is talking to her mother.  OBi110 and OBi100 using Obitalk.

azrobert

Check the Call History.
To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column then click Call History.

Is the call being routed to the OBiTalk Network?
Have both OBi's been added to the OBiTalk portal?
404 is a Not Found error.

nedsobi110

if I go back far enough in my call history I can find this exact same call that shows call connected - so this used to work - something has changed recently.

if I call **9 222 222 222 for example it connects  - so I don't know what's going on.

azrobert

You didn't answer my questions, but I assume the call is being routed to OBiTalk1 and both OBi's have been added to the portal. I also assume you have re-checked you're dialing the correct OBi number.

I basically have nothing. In the past there have been several instances with problems like this with the OBiTalk network affecting only some people that magically fixed themselves, but back then several people complained. I haven't seen other people posting problems like this. You can try a re-boot of both boxes. If that doesn't work you can delete the OBi's, do a factory reset, re-add to portal and re-configure. That's extreme and I would just wait a few days and see if it fixes itself.  FYI my OBi110 works both in and out on the OBiTalk network.

nedsobi110

yes - Terminal 1 - Phone 1 - ObiTalk 1

I have rebooted both boxes several times -

I have not done a factory reset but prob will -

It would be nice to know if this is a system issue as opposed to a problem with my box / account.

azrobert

My guess and only a guess is that it's an OBiTalk network problem. That is why I suggested waiting a few days before doing anything extreme.

I forgot to suggest checking if you're using the current build 2886 firmware.

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi110-1-3-0-2886.fw

nedsobi110

yes - that's my current firmware version -

I have a ticket open to obihai - I'll see what they have to say.

Initially I wondered if this had anything to do with the proposed EOL plan for the 100/110

drgeoff

Quote from: nedsobi110 on October 16, 2016, 11:48:45 AM
Initially I wondered if this had anything to do with the proposed EOL plan for the 100/110
No, it has nothing to do with OBi1x0s EOL.

nedsobi110

The response I got from Obihai Tech is beyond lame :

"Please try dialing **9 + 200 XXX XXX (your friend's OBi9 digits).
If issues remain, then it appears your OBi device is no longer working properly and it is already outside of the 1 year warranty.  We suggest you get a replacement OBi such as OBi200 model or OBi202 model at amazon.com, it is a newer device and has many more features."

drgeoff

Quote from: nedsobi110 on October 17, 2016, 08:48:22 AM
The response I got from Obihai Tech is beyond lame :

"Please try dialing **9 + 200 XXX XXX (your friend's OBi9 digits).
If issues remain, then it appears your OBi device is no longer working properly and it is already outside of the 1 year warranty.  We suggest you get a replacement OBi such as OBi200 model or OBi202 model at amazon.com, it is a newer device and has many more features."
Yes, whoever has been OBi tech support for the last few months should be ashamed of himself.  The quality of some answers we have seen reported here has been appalling.

If you can reach the echo test number and your calls via other service provider(s) work, then I very much doubt that your OBi is faulty.

You need to answer azrobert's questions.

nedsobi110

I am hoping that the situation will resolve itself.

Because both of the devices work normally when calls are placed/received through other service providers, and have worked obi to obi in the past, for years, with no changes to the devices, setup, or configuration, then I am going to assume it is a system issue and not a local device issue.

azrobert

Use the OBion app installed on an Android or iPhone to call the OBi's. If you only have 2 OBi's calling each other, this might identify which or both are having problems.

Define a speed dial for each OBi like this:
pp(9_digit_OBi#)

Can you call either OBi by dialing the speed number? The OBion app is one of OBiHai's disasters. It has multiple problems and hasn't been updated in years. I just tried OBion on an Android and it connected, but without audio. Even without audio, this will show your OBi110 can be reached over the OBiTalk network.

If you are dialing **9... from the phone port, try dialing the speed dial.

What are your requirements? Do you just want to send and receive calls from the other OBi? Are both OBi's in N. America? There are other ways to accomplish this. You can define extensions on a free SIP service or your current provider. You can call the other OBi using its public IP address, although sometimes you have audio problems with this method. You would need to setup port forwarding in the receiving OBi's router with the public IP method.

What service provider do you use? Is SP2 free on each OBi?

nedsobi110

just re-tried Obion on my Nexus 6 - downloads, installs, but won't open / crashes. so I can't try it to assess it.

***What are your requirements? Do you just want to send and receive calls from the other OBi?  Are both OBi's in N. America?

Yes that's all - I have limited talk time with my current SP - PhonePower - so I don't want to burn up my minutes on frequent, lengthy calls to my friend. I can always use my cell which has unlimited talk time (Project Fi) but I like the hardware setup I have on my landline (wireless headset) so it's just a matter of preferrence.

***Is SP2 free on each OBi?

Yes

azrobert

1) Create a free IP Freedom account 1777xxxxxxx at Callcentric
2) Create a sub-account 1777xxxxxxx101 (extension 101)
3) Setup local SP2 with the credentials from step 1
4) Setup remote SP2 with the credentials from step 2
5) Define speed dials to call each other

Create IP Freedom account here:
http://www.callcentric.com/products/

Login
Click Extensions
Click Add New Extension
Select extension 101
Enter password and confirm
Select callerid
Save
Main account defaults to extension 100

Define SP2 on each device:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer: callcentric.com
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: 1777xxxxxxx (local)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: 1777xxxxxxx101 (remote)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword: password
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B

Define local speed dial:  sp2(101)
Define remote speed dial:  sp2(100)

nedsobi110

thank you!

I will give this a try.

however, it would be nice if Obihai fixed the issue.

drgeoff

Quote from: nedsobi110 on October 17, 2016, 01:05:48 PM
however, it would be nice if Obihai fixed the issue.
I'm not yet convinced that there is an issue that Obihai need to fix.

Just because you can reach the echo test number does NOT mean that your OBi device is 'connected' to the Obitalk network. Log in to the device's local GUI, click on Status and scroll down to the bottom.  Under 'OBiTALK Service Status' does it show 'Status   Normal (User Mode)' ?  And ditto for your friend's OBi?

nedsobi110

yes -

both devices

drgeoff

Quote from: nedsobi110 on October 18, 2016, 12:08:25 PM
yes -

both devices
In which case go back to Obihai tech support and tell them to stop acting like idiots and fix their problem. There also appears to be another poster here with a similar issue. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11985.0

nedsobi110

In so many words I have done just that - so far no response - I hope that means they are looking into it.