News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cant receive calls on obi200

Started by fswilley, November 02, 2016, 08:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fswilley

I have looked for something specific on this and You would think that there would be a pile of topics on this. I am on fiber in TN and I set up the obi200 3 months ago and can only call out, I don't know where to start troubleshooting the problem. Can anyone coach me here?  I can make and receive calls from the PC using the features in Gmail. I can make and receive in Hangouts. Is there a problem receiving while using Hangouts? What all should i close down to get the Phone to ring through the Obi200? What should be on and what should be off? What other info do I need to provide?

drgeoff

You have not said which Internet Telephony Service Provider you are using but you mention gmail and Hangouts so perhaps it is Google Voice.  If it is, log in to google.com/voice and go to Settings (the gearwheel icon).  Under the 'Phones' tab, under 'Forward calls to' do you see 'Google Chat' and is the box ticked?

fswilley

Sorry for the lack of info. thx for the reply.  Yes google Chat is checked. as you know , yes it is using the google voice. I dont know what other info you would need. I'm ready to tear it apart and reset..

SteveInWA

Quote from: fswilley on November 02, 2016, 08:38:37 AM
I have looked for something specific on this and You would think that there would be a pile of topics on this. I am on fiber in TN and I set up the obi200 3 months ago and can only call out, I don't know where to start troubleshooting the problem. Can anyone coach me here?  I can make and receive calls from the PC using the features in Gmail. I can make and receive in Hangouts. Is there a problem receiving while using Hangouts? What all should i close down to get the Phone to ring through the Obi200? What should be on and what should be off? What other info do I need to provide?

Hi:

Open a web browser on a laptop or desktop computer, not on a mobile phone or tablet, and go to the Google Voice settings page:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Do you see the exact two words, "Your number" on the left side of the page, or does it instead say "Access number" or "Get a Voice number"?  If it says "Your number", then your own, inbound Google Voice number is assigned to this account.  If it says one of the other two things, then you are logged into the wrong Google account.

What does it say?

fswilley

It says "Your Google Voice Number" then my number. Google Chat is checked. anything else??

SteveInWA

OK, thanks.

Now, on that same page, click the Edit button under Google Chat, and, on the next page, confirm that you haven't set up a calling schedule that would only ring on certain days.  Look at the "Groups & Circles" tab of Google Voice Settings, and edit every row.  Make sure that Google Chat is selected to ring on inbound calls.

Next, single-click your avatar in the upper right corner of that web page.  It's either a colored circle with a letter in it, or a photo you uploaded.  Look closely at the email address it shows, like yourname@Gmail.com.  Log onto the OBiTALK website and click on the SP1 or whichever SPx you have configured to use Google Voice.  On the page that pops up after you accept the warning about emergency calling, look at the Gmail address that is linked to your OBi, and confirm that it is exactly the same as the one you saw on your Google Voice account.