News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New to Obi and having trouble with incoming and outgoing calls

Started by Jbone, October 29, 2016, 01:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbone

Hello,

I just set up my Obi 202 and I cannot receive incoming or outgoing calls. I'm not sure if my phone is the issue or if I have to change my router settings (I have looked up a few things, but I can't seem to make sense of it all). If it helps to know what my equipment is, I'm using a VTech CS6919 phone and a Netgear AC1750 R6400 router. Thanks and I apologize for the noob question!

Thanks,

Jbone

drgeoff

What have you set up?

Did you try the echo test at **9 222 222 222.

Did you register the 202 on the portal?

What ITSP have you set up? And using the portal or the 202's local GUI?

Does the status show 'Connected' (for GV) or 'Registered' (for SIP SPs)?

Jbone

So I set up the Obi on the Obitalk portal and performed the echo test (I've included a picture of my Obi status), the echo test worked, but I still cannot make and receive calls. I am using Google Voice and I checked the 'Forward calls to Google Chat' box, but still nothing. Do I need to make personal changes on my router or on the Obi Portal?

SteveInWA

Your OBi screenshot looks correct.  Why can't you make and receive calls?  Please explain in more detail, exactly what happens, including any sounds you hear or error messages played.

Also, log into your Google Voice account from a laptop or desktop computer's web browser, not from a mobile phone or tablet, and go here:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Use MS Paint or the Mac equivalent to block out personal information, except leave the last four digits of any phone numbers exposed, and then post that screenshot here with your reply.

Thanks...

Jbone

Ok guys so I rebooted my OBi and it appears to be working now. I disabled the SIP ALG before I rebooted it so I'm not sure if this was the reason why it wasn't working.

I am able to make and receive calls, but sometimes there is a delay for the call to connect. The phone will ring three or four times before the phone actually connects. I'm not sure if that's an issue that can be fixed or not, but at least my phone works now. Thank you again for your help!