News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi100 save call history does not work

Started by justtalk, October 29, 2016, 03:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justtalk

When pressing the "Save All" button under web page Status/Call-History,
I get a popup error message as follows from my browser (firefox).

"/path/to/o3EwLNSS.xml.part could not be saved, because the
source file could not be read.
Try again later, or contact the server administrator."

After waiting a while, I can proceed with the save, but the file
callhistory.xml is 0 bytes (empty). Saving call history has worked
before!

Equipment: Obi100 with firmware 1-3-0-2886 (yes, I know it is EOL).

justtalk

The above was on linux with firefox. Can confirm that it also fails on windows 10 using edge browser. On win10 you get even a report of the size of the file (77kB in my case), but then when you press "save" in the browser it says "callhistory.xml could not be downloaded".

azrobert

I was able to save mine. I have an OBi110 with build 2886 and running Windows 10/Internet Explorer. This is what I did:
Save All
Open
"Couldn't be Downloaded"
View Downloads
Retry (Opens file with Notepad)
File
Save As

I did this a few times and sometimes after the Retry, the download would pause. I then clicked Resume and the download completed.

justtalk

Highly interesting. On win10, using the Retry button works for me as well.

I found out some more about the firefox case (with linux or windows): If you do NOT click OK on the error message banner, that named /path/to/ or /tmp/... file does exists, but the problem is that it is only 64k (65536 bytes) long. Hence firefox will complain that it did not receive all the data, because it was told a larger size during the download "negotiation" (whatever the term is). The file otherwise looks reasonable, it was just truncated. But when you click OK on the error banner, the tmp file is removed and the next step (saving) fails after that.

justtalk

Another interesting point may be whether one could construct a curl command to download the callhistory.xml file. I've had some luck before with curl and obi100, but nothing as complex as navigating several levels and clicking a "save all" button (and providing a file name?)

drgeoff

Windows 10 64-bit and latest Firefox fails to download the file from an OBi110.  Chrome browser does it without a murmur.

SteveInWA

Quote from: drgeoff on October 31, 2016, 04:57:00 AM
Windows 10 64-bit and latest Firefox fails to download the file from an OBi110.  Chrome browser does it without a murmur.

AFAIK, MSIE has always restricted or otherwise balked at opening or downloading XML files from any source, not just Obihai.  I never tried it with Firefox.