News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to initiate/automate dialing from pc/mobile device?

Started by Inet, November 01, 2016, 11:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inet

While on your home network - are there any plugins available for a PC or mobile device which cause the obihai voip adapter to make outgoing calls, and then ring for me to pickup?

Looking for a way to initiate/automate dialing the number. All my contacts are on my PC and mobile devices... trying to figure out a way to bridge the two.

-Inet

SteveInWA

Hi:

Assuming you are in the USA, it's relatively easy to do this with an OBi, a Google Voice account with a Google Voice phone number, and a Callcentric account with a free inbound number (NY State DID number).

Google Voice has a Chrome browser extension that will enable click-to-call functionality.  You'll select your Callcentric number as the call-with target, and then Google Voice will call you on that Callcentric number, and finally, it will call your desired party's number and bridge the calls together.

You will first set up Google Voice on one of the OBi's four Service Provider slots (SP1--SP4), and then set up the Callcentric number on another slot, and add the Callcentric number as a forwarding phone number to your Google Voice settings.

Inet