News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

yet another Obi100 Google Voice question: should I move on?

Started by ckck, November 07, 2016, 11:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckck

I use my Obi100 with voip.ms and Google Voice on SP1 and SP2, respectively.

I've combed the forum and I've found so many posts related my head is spinning.

Back in June I did the firmware update and things started working again. Now I'm getting the same problem  that so many others have had recently with their Obi100/Obi100 with Google Voice. That is, if I try to make a call I get "there is no service available to complete your call". Status for my GV service is "Backing Off (856s):Authentication error".

I've tried:
* power cycling
* updating the firmware. I'm at 1.3.0 (Build: 2886) and can't go any further than this, AFAIK
* allowing "less secure apps" via my Google account[/li][/list]

What I haven't tried:

* factory reset
* paying the $10 tech support (from what I've read this won't help)
* buying a new Obi

I'm hesitant to do a factory reset for one primary reason: my voip.ms account status shows as "offline", though it works just fine. I posted on this issue a while back and never did find a resolution. So, I don't want to mess with it and be completely without phone service.

I guess I'm wondering if the Obi100 is "too far gone" and if I should just move on to another Obi.

SteveInWA

I took a quick look at your posting history.  Based on the numerous problems you've had, and some of the fixes you've experimented with, I believe your OBi is just too farkled up to be worth troubleshooting in its present condition.

You're at the correct firmware level; that's not the issue.

I recommend that you do this:

• Log onto your OBiTALK web portal page, and completely delete the OBi off of your account.
  • Wait a few minutes while the portal deletes it and sends a reset command to the device.  You'll see its LEDs blinking for a while.
  • Unplug the Ethernet cord.  Pick up the phone attached to the OBi and press ***8, then 1, to confirm restore to factory default.
  • Wait until it's completely finished with the blinky-blinky LEDs, then pull the power plug.  Plug the Ethernet cord back in, and then plug in the power.  Wait for it to reboot.  Pick up the phone.  Press ***1 and see if it has obtained an IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.x).
  • If so, proceed.  If not, tell us what happened.
  • Temporarily ignore voip.ms.  Follow my instructions here, to set up Google Voice on SP1:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

Does Google Voice work now?

ckck

SteveInWa, I took your advice and reset to factory defaults and everything is working just fine. Thanks!

Now GV is on SP1 and voip.ms is on SP2, so I had to make a few adjustments.

I went back through my old forum posts and updated my Obi's settings. I re-read each thread so I hope I've avoided any previous extraneous trial-and-error settings, maybe reducing the chances that I'll gum things up again.

Specifics that I addressed after the factory reset:

blocking SIP scanners / unblocking anonymous callers
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5812.msg38236#msg38236
QuoteI followed Shale's method #4 and set X_InboundCallRoute to {>111111:ph} (111111 is not my real AuthUserName).

e911
Physical Interface --> Phone Port --> DigitMap

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|5555550911|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

I insterted "5555550911" before "911" so I could test the e911 service. Without this I would dial the 555-555-0911 and it would ring a couple times then just hang up. Now it picks up, confirms my number, then confirms that e911 is working.

Physical Interface --> Phone Port --> OutboundCallRoute

{5555550911:sp2},{911:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I prepended {5555550911:sp2},{911:sp2} to the default string.

Thanks again!
ck